Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which brand of self adhesive gems / diamontes and where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brand of self adhesive gems / diamontes and where to buy?

Hi, I am looking to buy quite a lot of self adhesive diamontes / gems to use on handmade cards. I have used the Bling Bling brand in the past but these seem to to out of stock on nearly all websites. Can anyone suggest an alternative brand which sticks to card really securely? And also any good websites I can purchase them from, wholesale included. Thanks so much in advance.

I'm not sure about the self adhesive diamantes, but if you cant find any then gemtac glue with the normal foil back diamantes works very well, its simple to use and bonds very quickly and firmly, have used for years with no problems.

Comment

Hi, I too make cards. I use Collall glue, a little goes a long way and I have found it to be very secure. Have you tried the mad about cards website for your other crafting requirements?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
      Couture Card Creations
      Stirlingshire
      www.couturecardcreations.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Couture-Card-Creations/114271528661516?

Comment

If you use quite a few self adhesive gems/diamontes, I'd invest in a Kandi Kane Hot Fix wand. Basically it's a little heating tool that "hot fixes" the gems to any surface including glass, card, material etc (which you can hand wash without them coming off).

The wand has about 8 interchangable head sizes so you can apply different size gems. These (gems) are available in a huge array of colours with pre-applied glue on the back. When you apply them with the wand, the wand heats and melts the glue and "hot fixes" them to your surface making them virtually immovable.

I wouldn't be without mine!
        Wid

Comment

Hi!
          How about a hot glue gun...? Never tried it myself but it should work. Bonds like nothing else on wood and metal. Low heat glue gun is probably the best choice when using card or paper.
          Pia from Sweden
          No homepage yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Craftprincess View Post
            Hi!
            How about a hot glue gun...? Never tried it myself but it should work. Bonds like nothing else on wood and metal. Low heat glue gun is probably the best choice when using card or paper.
            Glue guns are OK, but I often don't find them precise enough and the glue is sometimes "stringy". With the hot fix wand, the glue is already on the back of the gems and it's just a case of melting it and sticking them in position (which is really easy as the gem is held in the wand).
            Wid

Comment

Working...
            X