Which market to sell cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which market to sell cards?

The weather has been good. Spring is here and summer is coming.

I wish to sell my handmade cards at a market in London. But the rental fee for stalls in those popular places are pretty high. As handmade cards usually cost less than 5quid each, a stall rent should not be too expensive. I have seen fee for a day between £40-90. Is it common.

Any idea which market encourages handmade stuff and specially offer lower rent?

Celine Jo
    from
    eyeARTyou
    ( based in East London )

P/S : If my advice/suggestion has helped you, you could click on the star at the bottom left to add to my reputation.

Blog :
    http://eyeartyou.blogspot.com/
    FB Page : In Progress
    Email : [email protected]

Originally posted by eyeARTyou View Post
    The weather has been good. Spring is here and summer is coming.

I wish to sell my handmade cards at a market in London. But the rental fee for stalls in those popular places are pretty high. As handmade cards usually cost less than 5quid each, a stall rent should not be too expensive. I have seen fee for a day between £40-90. Is it common.

Any idea which market encourages handmade stuff and specially offer lower rent?
    Hi Jocelyn I am also a London based card maker and papercrafter and agree it is near impossible to find suitable markets/outlets. Most of the half decent markets have waiting lists as long as your arm...or stall fees that would require a mortgage. It breings tears to my eyes when I read of stalls elsehwere in the country for £20 and under...

Which part of London are in you (North, South, East, West?) - some areas are better served than others...

Comment

Heya Christa,

I am staying in East london. Around my this side of London, I have visited markets at Roman Road, Spitalfield, Greenwich and even Abbey (down south) though it's not east. They seem pretty quiet to me...

Celine Jo
      from
      eyeARTyou
      ( based in East London )

P/S : If my advice/suggestion has helped you, you could click on the star at the bottom left to add to my reputation.

Blog :

Comment

Hi...depending on which part of E London you are in, you may be fairly close to me.

Roman Rd market isn't anywhere near as busy as it used to be but it was not known for crafts...more for mass produced clothing...
        Spitalfields, Covent Garden, Greenwich are well established and often have a waiting list...they usually get a fair ammount of foot traffic but that doesn't mean anyone is buying...They are usually packed for special events...

When you say Abbey in S lonodn do you mean Merton Abbey Mills? I went down there about a year ago and it was quite busy...but they all go through phases.

We are moving into summer months now and small craft fairs start to come into their own...but many are booked already and you may struggle to get in them at the last minute....

I guess a lot depends on your style of cardmaking/target audience as to which places would suit you best...

Comment

I am staying in Canning Town and in a few months time moving to Stratford due to the convenience of 4 tube lines and new Westfield opening in September How 'bout yourself?

If you happen to know anyone who has the stall and wants to share, let me know ya

Celine Jo
          from
          eyeARTyou
          ( based in East London )

Blog :

Comment

Working...
          X