Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing on place cards

I hope this is the right forum.

I want to print directly onto pre - cut place cards, but I don't know the right way to do it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks
    Vist my website at www.by-invitations.co.uk
    Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/byinvitations
    Or follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/byinvitation37

I don't print directly to cards that often - I usually print to panels - and maybe someone will come along with a better idea , but all I do is make a template doc with what I want to print, set all the margins and text as I want it to appear and when I am ready to print I adjust printer settings to suit the size and type of card I am going to print onto...

then I do a test run with one on a sheet of ordinary copy paper cut to size. If that is okay I then print one copy using the actual card...just to double check...if all is well I do the print run, if I need to make adjustments I do that and repeat the copy paper test... Once you have it right, save the template doc for future use.

Have fun...

Comment

yes get the margins and size set up on paper then sometimes if you have a envelope option on your printer set that so it will take card better. We used to print lots of cards with little problems sometimes if you have the wavey edge that can be troublesome have fun and dont give up trying Charlie
      Pauline (Deceased) and Charlie (wishing he was)
      www.crafty-bits.co.uk

www.geckocards.co.uk Ps this link is to old site ( not there now)
      But it was Paulines so i cant delete it

Comment

I usually add 1 inch allowance on the actual size then have a test run until you get the proper margin. Just don't be afraid to do trial and error, printers make mistakes sometimes even though you set up the size and margin.
        Andrew Yocum
        Graphic Artist
        Envelope Printing

Comment

Thank you for your help. It seems like the best way is to print onto a sheet of card.

Thanks again!
          Vist my website at www.by-invitations.co.uk
          Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/byinvitations
          Or follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/byinvitation37

Comment

If you have a printer with the envelope printing function you can usually create a custom envelope size in the printer paper options (it's different for each brand of printer). Then you use the envelope feed tray on your printer. You'll still need to do some testing to get everything right, but it should work as long as the cards aren't too small for the printer to feed straight. I'd say anything smaller than about a 3x5 card will be iffy.
            Last edited by printisnotdead; 07-02-2012, 06:33 AM.
            Signature removed - not crafts related

Comment

Working...
            X