printing and personalising handmade cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing and personalising handmade cards

can anyone help i want to be able to print greetings and make my cards personalised using my computer. i cant seem to be able to get the greeting so that it prints in the correct place on the cards. does anyone know a simple way to do this or is there a programme that will help me? also what is the best type of printer to use?
    thanks
    helen

You could always use a text box with MS Word. Just draw the text box wherever you want to place your greeting.

Check on scrap paper that the text box and greeting is in the correct place before printing on your card. Then save it as a template for use again another time. This method can be a little trial and error but once you've saved it then it'll save time for subsequent cards.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by the card shark View Post
      You could always use a text box with MS Word. Just draw the text box wherever you want to place your greeting.

Check on scrap paper that the text box and greeting is in the correct place before printing on your card. Then save it as a template for use again another time. This method can be a little trial and error but once you've saved it then it'll save time for subsequent cards.
      That's exactly what I do too.

Emma.
      Paperbuzz
      Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

thanks for the above. i have tried that and dont seem to be having any luck once the text box is on the page it wont let me move it! (im not very good where computers are concerned).

Comment

finally i have managed to do the A5 card front now to try the DL and square!
          thanks for your help

helen

Comment

Hi Helen
            Not been on this forum for some time, but we may have the program to answer all your prayers.
            We created this program for the same reasons as you to print and personalise handmade cards.

If you wish to try this program can you please answer the following:-

What type of cards do you wish to create?
            What version of Windows OS do you have?
            Would you be using it on a Laptop or Desktop?
            What’s the screen resolution?
            A lot of new Laptops have a screen height resolution which is to low.

We currently use this program on:-

Windows 7 64 bit laptop
            Windows 7 32/64 bit laptop
            Windows Vista 32 bit laptop
            And two Windows XP 32 bit desktops

The current version requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, which you can be download from Microsoft if required.

If you wish you can download the current up to date main program files from: - homepage.ntlworld.com/linda.drake2/Can%20You%20Just/

On 64 bit machines create a folder in “C:\Program Files (x86)”
            On 32 bit machines create a folder in “C:\Program Files”
            Name folder “Can You Just”
            Download these files to this folder:-
            CYJ3*****
            CYJ3Support.dll
            CYJSD.dll
            MD.dll
            GC.err
            SP.err

You run CYC3*****
            Note. These are the main files, no clip art, no verses, no card templates and no doc files.

Comment

Hi I used to do all the printing for my wifes handmade card business and I use Adobe Illustrator as its for print and easy to lay things out once you get to grips with the package, as for printer you can use pretty much any inkjet to get started. You just create a template for each card size and then can work within the layout, so that you know when you feed the card through the printer exactly where the print will go. You are better off going with a printer that doesn't have a scanner as its easier to feed thicker card through the printer. For a printer that spe******es in thicker card you will be looking at a few thousand pounds, so would just stick with an epson which I found would last me a year or so before changing and their inks are more expensive but they don't smudge when you get the ink wet which is important for handmade cards. If you are using 300 gsm card sometimes you have to feed each sheet through manually with a little helping hand but it gets the job done.

Comment

Helen

I make my own cards too and joined wanting to ask the same question you have!

So did you ever finally find a way to do it.

What printer haveyou got and do you use MS Word text box

Rachel

Comment

Working...
                X