Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttlebug questions

Hi everyone

First of all - apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before! I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

I treated myself to Cuttlebug a couple of weeks ago, so I'm only just getting used to it and what it can and can't do.

I didn't realise until my first 'cut' that the plates get marked so easily. They do get marked, don't they? It's not just me doing something wrong... So, I was wondering how long the plates last for? I'm rotating them in all directions so that they don't get too warped, but I guess that eventually they might crack or split.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of a die that spells out the phrase 'Happy Birthday' which would be suitable for the bug? I've got an alphabet die, but it's a bit long winded sometimes to cut out each letter and it's also a bit fiddly putting them in place.

Thanks everyone - there are some very skillful crafters on this site, so I'm not ready yet to show my very amateur stuff!!

Hi Pauline,

Not sure about the happy birthday die sorry! As for the plates marking, yes they do and it's not just you!! Mine are covered all over in marks and are even slightly bent in the middle but are still going strong! They are pretty resilient so you have a bit of life left in them yet!!

Have fun with your bug, I can't wait to see what you make with it - please don't be shy about posting your projects!!

Jo
    www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

I have a big shot and my plates are so marked they are no longer clear (see through) but they still work just fine for cutting... and they make fab patterns on mirri type card. I have a second set of plates for embossing things that can;t take the transfer

Sizzix do a happy birthday sizzlits die that will go through the bug

Comment

Thanks both - I feel better now knowing that marked plates are totally normal!!

Thanks too Christa for the note about the Sizzix die - I've found a couple on ebay so we'll see what happens.

x

Comment

Working...
        X