Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promarkers

Hi,

Santa brought me 2 packs of promarkers for christmas but I just don't seem to have enough colours. So I was wondering those of you who use promarkers or (copics) what colours you get the most use out of?

Or which packs could you recommend, I got the rubbing stamping 1&2 packs - but with hindsight the colours in each pack were to similar, perhaps I should have got one of the manga packs and a skin tones?

Also as I can't rubber stamp for toffee I've mainly been using digi's - what paper/card can you recommend that will go through an inkjet printer - but is still suitable for promarkers. (Essentially I want the moon on a stick!) I'm sure I read on here about some amazing paper from Partners? but I may be wrong - what do you all use?

Anyway that's enough questions for one post off to start another - so if you use a die cutter and nesties - come and give me some more help!!!

Cheers dears!

xx
    Jules

www.imadeacard.blogspot.com
    It's more of a blog about procrastinating rather than card making!

Promarkers...go to Cowling & Wllcox - even with p&p you will save a fortune - they have 60% off a manga set for example.

I have heaps of promarkers too and the only problem with sets is the overlaps...but you can keep, swap or sell them on no probs.
    I think you need skin tones (set 3) but not necessarily skin accents...
    A set I would recommend is natural environment and also the Xmas classic (I use those all year round, the colours are great)

Best paper/card for use with promarkers...Rymans 200gsm coated card white or ivory - look out for mega deals on this. This is great stuff...goes through the printer with no probs at all and does not bleed when you use promarkers. Its fabby stuff and I use nothing but this...

happy shoppping ;-)

Comment

I adore my promarkers! Often it's the ink that's the problem as much as the paper for the bleeding. Use memento dye ink - it's the best. I didn't believe everyone when they kept saying it as I had loads of other black inks, but eventually I bought it out of frustration and it works a treat. If you print the digi off try leaving it for a day or so before you colour it as that makes a big differnce for me too.

I use the skintones - my favourite is satin for skin although others prefer different shades. It's a matter of taste and what you have! I printed off the colour chart from Passion for Promarkers blog and worked out where my gaps were to choose what colours I get next. They also have some fabulous colouring tutorials on there on how to shade etc. I have the cool grey set that I hse a heck of a lot to colour black hair using their techniques and several shades of brown for brown hair, animal fur etc. I'm short on purples which is really odd as that's one of my favourite colours!
      Elin
      xx
      Come and say hello at:
      My blog - Elin's Cards
      My website - Cards by Elin
      My facebook page.

Comment

Cheers - that's really helpful.

Christa
        I got my promarkers from cowling and wilcox originally from a thread on this site! But I never considered selling overlaps from packs - that's a great idea - thanks!

Rymans - that's it not partners!!

Elin
        I've got memento ink - I'm just really really rubbish at stamping!
        Good idea on printing out the colour chart! I've seen some of the tutorials on there and other peoples blogs - some people have an amazing talent. Puts me to shame. I never though to leave the digis a while before colouring either!

xx
        Jules

www.imadeacard.blogspot.com
        It's more of a blog about procrastinating rather than card making!

Comment

Working...
        X