No announcement yet.

Which ink do I need if I want to "paint" in the design aft?er stamping

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which ink do I need if I want to "paint" in the design aft?er stamping

    I'm new to stamping- I want to stamp a design and then use my sakura pens and a waterbrush to fill in the colours. What sort of ink do I need to do this please? Also would it work if I inled it and then embossed in clear? Many thanks!

  • #2
    What ink to use

    You can use any ink really, but it depends what surface you are stamping on of course. If a shiny surface you need a permanent such as Staz On.
    Let any ink really dry first before you use your sakura. (By the way the glitter stays on a great with you water brush)
    have fun


    • #3
      I would reccommend stazon or versafine inks if you are going to paint, as these shouldnt bleed or smudge with the water.

      Good luck
      for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
      craftyaddicts blog site
      My personal blog


      • #4
        I'd agree with the Stazon advice for using with watercolours, no matter how careful you are with normal ink it'd still end up with small bleeds.

        I've used black ink with clear embossing powder when stamping outlines and really like the raised effect it has - looks particularly good with the Sakura pens as they also have a slightly raise effect, also think about filling in bits with Stickles if you're after glittery effects
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies


        • #5
          I've been using Versafine lately, it seems to stay well put even when using watercolours.


          • #6
            I tend to use Stazon in Stone Grey rather than in black. It is less heavy than black and works well. I paint the colours in with the Kuretake pens and a water brush.

            You can see some of the finished things on my blog.




            • #7
              Thanks, I bought a black and a brown stazon and am really enjoying my stamping