Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with ideas for 50th birthday - female.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ideas for 50th birthday - female.

Please, this is for the girlfriend of my brother in law and i can't think of a picture for the card...

she's a hairdresser (did the hairdresser one last year)

She's not a *girly* person

She's not into teddys etc

She's not into cute n cuddly animals

Its not until November but i thought i better start thinking about it now.....

I know its a very tall order, thats why i'm asking the advice of the best

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP

Mandy x
    Last edited by Mandy66; 22-09-2010, 02:44 PM.
    Mandy x

I can make some jewellery with some scissors charms? Or if she doesn't wear jewellery how about some wine glass charms with scissors on there's some on my facebook page and my website if you want to have a nosey.
    Website
    WWW.CUTTINGCREATIONS.CO.UK

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuttin...979559?ref=sgm

Comment

Sorry i was meaning ideas for the card, (i will amend my post) though now you mention it i don't know what we'll buy her, your jewelry is beautiful and i would be chuft to wear it, and please don't be offended buy this, but she wont wear anything unless it has a *big* name on ie - Gucci, Prada, D&G etc... she's a high maintenance woman and she probably thinks my cards are pants but i don't care she's getting a hand made one wether she likes it or not!!

She's a nice person but if people dont like flowers, cute n cuddly, girly stuff, its really difficult to come up with a card.

I'm so sorry and hope you're not offended.

Mandy x
      Mandy x

Comment

How about a big champagne bottl and two glasses??

Nikki x
        Nikita-Maries Hand-Made Cards and Stationery

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...48997155136152

http://nikita-marie-crafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for idea that Nikki, i love people who are into *normal* girl things cos it makes our lives soooo much easier
          Mandy x

Comment

aw right sorry. ermmmmm ermmmmm how about errrmmmm just do a big massive 50 on the front stick a couple of dimantes on it and a couple of feathers simple but effect and as long as you don't do it in pink it might be okay?????
            Website
            WWW.CUTTINGCREATIONS.CO.UK

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuttin...979559?ref=sgm

Comment

PMPL now you're on my wavelength that was sort of all i've come up with till now
              Mandy x

Comment

Make a big circle edged with red and 50 in the middle like a speed sign.

Melanie

Comment

hehe Melanie,, i like your idea. I know you said you did the hairdresser thing last year but how about the words, "snip, scissors, comb, wet, hair, gel, blow dry, etc" just pasted at different angles .
                  Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Has she got a sense of humour?

Comment

How about a pic of a bottle of Champers and a sign saying "1960 - a very good year" or something like that.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Some fab ideas so far... love the idea of champagne bottle and glasses, also Carol's idea of champagne bottle with the year on.

For comedy value, you could go for something like:

Comment

Some great ideas... i knew you wouldn't let me down

Carol i like the champagne with 1960!

Thanks to everyone you've been a great help!

Mandy xXx
                          Last edited by Mandy66; 23-09-2010, 11:42 AM. Reason: Cos i forgot how to spell me own name!!! LOL
                          Mandy x

Comment

How about a simple pop-up card with the numbers 5 and 0 as a pop-up on the inside?
                            Carol
                            Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                            Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

id go with the 50 as the major focus, some stunning card in the background and good matting and layering to make it really classy, possibly some well placed gems. Failing that if she is higher maintenance I tend to find that they like the elegant lady style of cards too including the silhouetted ladies.
                              www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X