Shaker cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaker cards.

I have just recieved 5 tape pens which i ordered and while takeng them out of the packing it suddenly occured to me that the plastic will make good shakers for cards, so hang on to them. !!!
    Hopefully when i have done enough posts on here to put pictures on i will put one on.
    Last edited by Dawn-Avril; 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM.
    http://dawn-avril-morning-star.blogspot.com/

Yep it works well. I also use the little plastic bubbles that contain mini brads for the sweet cup cards because they have plastic covers on the back which keeps the sweets in place, keeps them fresh and stops anything in the sweeties from making the card sticky...it also makes the sweetie cup easy to remove because they simply pop out. This was a 'happy birthday sweetheart' card I was asked to make using jellytots...Of course I ate the spares

Happy birthday sweetheart 2.JPG

Comment

I tried to make a shaker card with disaster lol.. dont know where i went wrong..
      JAN

Comment

Originally posted by jan1956 View Post
        I tried to make a shaker card with disaster lol.. dont know where i went wrong..
        Why was it a disaster? What happened? Commonest problems are leakage and clumping. Perhaps if you can explain what was wrong with it we might be able to help?

Comment

I followed online tips... cut out my apeture covered with acetate. then did backing etc put some glitter in acetate .. went all along edge of acetate/apeture with foam pads made sure there was no gaps, went around with a cotton bud and talcum powder as suggested online .. finished card i was very pleased it looked good and it worked.... left.. it to dry as i had used some pinflair glue on front to fix embelishments.. after a few hours was proudly showing off to hubby and it would not shake.. none of the glitter is coming out of the card so obviously it has got stuck somewhere, the card still looks lovely though, will take a pic of it and post it... just wanted it to work

I have attatched a pif of the finished card. bearing in mind i am pretty new to all this ..P100924001.jpgP100924002.jpg
          Last edited by jan1956; 24-09-2010, 07:33 PM.
          JAN

Comment

Working...
          X