Probably a strange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a strange question

Is there any type of perfume/ spray that you can spray onto cards to make them smell nice?

A lot of mine smell like glue and being anal like I am over smell I would love them to smell fresh and nice. So is there anything I can use to spray on them? I thought about regular perfume but I think that would stain.

I have no idea if this would work or not but how about wafting your card through the mist from one of the sprays you get for linen and pillows n stuff? Could be worth trying out with a dud card to see

Also, yes normal perfume will stain - I didn't like the smell of the board-backed envelopes (now that is being anal) I send some orders out in so tried spraying them with a bit of perfume.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hmmmm

What about storing some sachets of lavander or roses or lemon balm in with your card supplies before there made up & also after but before being posted out - that way the scent would naturaly permeate the cards?

Just an idea.
      Debbie
      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra View Post
        Hmmmm

What about storing some sachets of lavander or roses or lemon balm in with your card supplies before there made up & also after but before being posted out - that way the scent would naturaly permeate the cards?

Just an idea.
        That's a good idea. When I've sprayed paper sometimes it leaves a greasy mark.
        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I store mine in gift boxes that used to have toiletries in them (the sought you get at xmas) I currently have a whole range that smell of Clarins perfume....delicious!

You could always try little sachets as previously suggested or even drawer liners! Pick something that's not too strong though!

Comment

Fragrant cards - could be a new line for you

Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Thank you for your ideas, I am paranoid about smells, especially living with 4 children and 7 cats. I am going to store them in a drawer with sachets of Rose balm. My MIL also suggested cedar wood balls so I will put them in my card stock trunk. My trunk has an old wood smell but I have nothing else to put the stuff in currently so a new stock holder is next on my list.

Comment

I've bought scented tissue paper off ebay before - could you use that?

There was all sorts of smells - lavender, rose, etc
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Another method is to drop a few drops of an essential oil onto a cotton wool ball then pack that, together with your cards, into a plastic bag (one without any holes in it) and seal it up well. Give it a couple of weeks and the paper/card should have absorbed some of the aroma from the cotton wool ball.

HTH
                  Linda

Comment

I have bought in the past some rose sented skeleton leaves. I forget now who the makers are but they smelt divine.
                    Lisa. xx

Comment

I have been using drawer liners, I put them in with the cards and they smell. It is a very strong smell but it should fade a bit once I take them out.

Comment

Ive used scented talcum powder to take fingerprints and static off cards and it leaves a lovely smell afterwards!
                        www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                        for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
                        www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
                        craftyaddicts blog site
                        www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
                        My personal blog
                        http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Smellies

Hi there,

Some ideas for making your cards smell nice is the following:

You could make your own "body" spray but without the oil, i am not too sure how to do this but know when i make a body spary, i normally add rose water & normal bottled water , shake & use. if you are going to make your own, just ensure that you use a non oil based liquid as it is the oil that stains the card. Also hold the spray bottle about an arm lenght away so that the spray is fine.... the spray bottle also needs a small nozzle that gives a fine spary.

You could buy some oils , eg. massage oils, put it onto cotton wool and very gently dab it onto the card, do not put lots of oil onto the cotton wool as it might stain.

The other idea of linnen spary is great.

You could also put your cards in a box with fabric softener. this is great as the smell really penetrates......

I am also pretty sure that you can buy scented cards, not too sure where from but if i find out, will let you know.

Hope this is helpful.

Artyz

Comment

Scented Drawer Liners.....

Scented Drawer Liners.....make good backing or linings for cards.

Laura Ashley do lovely ones.

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts
                            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Have you tried something like Febreze?
                              My dad smokes, and he left the smell behind in my dining room after I'd just made some cards. He'd only had one ciggie, but I sprayed the cards lightly with Febreze and it worked - no stains either - but I did do it very lightly, and then made sure they were thoroughly dry before they went in the cellos.

I do like the idea of delicately scented cards though..... roses and lavender for summer, fir trees and cinnamon for winter......coooooooo.
                              Primmers
                              www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X