Are you a small card maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a small card maker?

I've been trying to think of something different I can 'make' and have been playing around with designing envelopes and have developed a process whereby I can design and produce an envelope to any size (currently) up to a maximum card size of 4.5" square. I think this is quite unique as they can also be printed with information as well if required.

As you guys are the experts, do you think it's worth me pursuing this idea? Can you get the same thing elsewhere? I'm really just testing the water to see whether I should continue developing the idea. I know there are some great factory made envelopes available to buy, some of which are quite cheap, but how useful would it be to have an envelope that exactly fit your card? And one that could potentially be 'branded' with your business details to help promote you! "Another card crafted with care by ..."

Let me know what you think. PM me if you'd prefer not to discuss in public.

Thanks
    Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Hi i think it would be a great idea i used to put my cards in envelopes before i started making boxes for them and to be honest i purchased loads and loads of envelopes that did not fit my cards and wasted a lot of money doing it, they would be handmade and branded that would be great and something new as well go for it and see how it goes.
    kim

Comment

sounds very interesting
      www.sunrisecards.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

sounds good....as with everything, it would depend on price...!

Cheers
        Judith
        www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I know what you mean Judith, costs need to be carefully controlled. I've not decided on a price yet but I think it's fair to say that they would be dearer than factory envelopes due to the time put into making them. I'm sure card makers will understand that. However, I would hope that a crafted envelope might even push the price the crafter sells the card at up a bit as it becomes even more of a premium product. Just a thought.

Anyone else got any views on the idea? The more the merrier! I'm quite interested to know if anyone has come across this kind of thing elsewhere?

Thanks.
          Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

I'm quite small Fair Do, I'm 5ft 2", well someone had to say it! Anyhow, do you mean something like the Enveloper or do you mean teeny weeny envelopes, rsvp type ones, mini cards, card topper type ones? That would be interesting, as the enveloper (I think) is more for your standard card sizes or large ones.
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
              I'm quite small Fair Do, I'm 5ft 2", well someone had to say it! Anyhow, do you mean something like the Enveloper or do you mean teeny weeny envelopes, rsvp type ones, mini cards, card topper type ones? That would be interesting, as the enveloper (I think) is more for your standard card sizes or large ones.
              Thanks nettie ...I wondered how long it would take!!

Anyhooo ...I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the Enveloper", but what I'm working on are full size (as it were) envelopes that the finished card goes in to give to the receiver. They would be sized exactly to the card that's in it. The restriction at the moment is that I can only work out of A4 paper so the maximum size I can go up to is 4.5" square. The smallest that are workable are 2" square ...and I can do any size in between!

When I say "workable" what I'm refering to is the fact that they are not glued ...instead I have designed the bottom flap to lock into the side flaps and the top flap can either be tucked in or fastened in place with double sided tape or a glue dot (not sure which is best yet!).

Hope this helps explain it a bit!

Cheers.
              Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

The title of this made me laugh - I'm only 5 foot so I guess I am a small card maker LOL
                My website www.crafting-mad.co.uk

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafti...6072821?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                X