Recycled card blanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycled card blanks

Just wondered if anyone knew anyone that does decent quality ones???
    Seeing as the decoration i do is recycled it seems a bit silly to be using "new" card!
    this is what I do
    http://www.squem.co.uk

Hi Emma, Craft creations do good quality recycled cards. I've used these cards a few times and have never had a problem with them. I can't post the web address cos I've not got 25 posts yet. Hope this helps?
    Emma xx

Oooo I wonder what will happen if I put my finger in here...........?

Comment

There is a company that does mainly recycled cards and envelopes called eco-crafts, sorry havent got enough posts to put full web address. I have never ordered from them so dont know about quality. I think pda card and craft also do one lot but again have not tried them. I did look into using recycled card blanks for some of my wedding stationery ranges but found the choice of colours, textures and sizes a bit too restrictive to use them for a full range. Maybe with all the talk of carbon footprints etc there will be better choice in the future.
      Best wishes
      Paula

Comment

thanks guys! I couldn't see them on craft creations but I found eco craft, i only use plain ivory coloured cards so i'm not too worried about range of colours! It works out a little more expensive than the people i use at the mo but that might be because of the quantities (25's or 500's! you'd think there would be something in between!) Think i might order a few and see what they're like
        this is what I do
        http://www.squem.co.uk

Comment

Hello,

I just spotted this posting... I have a card making website and would definitely stock recycled card blanks if I thought there would be a market for them.... any feedback on whether this could be a good move?

cheers,
          Louise
          www.cleocrafts.co.uk
          for all your cardmaking supplies!

Comment

Hi Louise, I don't know if there is a huge demand for recycled blanks at the moment but as concern grows for the enviroment I think it will increase. Theres obviously some market as eco-crafts have been going for a few years and as far as I am aware they sell nothing but recycled.

I have recently started a wedding stationery and have read in several of the wedding magazines about couples who were trying to make their weddings carbon neutral so I was looking into being able to offer to make any of my ranges on recycled blanks. When I looked I didnt seem to be able to find anywhere that did the range of sizes that I would need to make all the items in a range. I will probably still offer it to customers but it will involve me redesigning some of the range to fit on different size card blanks.
            I am not particularly involved in enviromental issues, but Im sure many crafters are, if you did stock them and advertised them in the right places then Im sure they would sell, especially if they were priced similarily to standard card blanks and were comparable quality.
            Hope my rambling is of some help to you.

Paula

Comment

sorry forgot to say that on the craft creations site the recycled cards are called tex ivory, tex natural white (both 100% recycled) and tex bright white (50% recycled) when you go to choose which colour you want. I'd forgot by head......
              Emma xx

Oooo I wonder what will happen if I put my finger in here...........?

Comment

Thanks Paula, maybe I should wait till we are a bit more developed as a business before launching into more new lines!! My website seems to finally be getting a few more hits daily which is good... definitely a slow starter this craft business!

cheers,
                Louise
                www.cleocrafts.co.uk
                for all your cardmaking supplies!

Comment

Working...
                X