Keep me from getting in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep me from getting in trouble

Okay, I am not a card maker BUT, I want to make my own Cosmic Goat Christmas cards this year, to sell. Okay, I have found some great 100% recycled paper folded (once) cards...and envelopes...can i buy them and decorate, and resell? They're at a paper supply site online. They're blank, and they seem to be for printing for sending to one's emplyees, though there is no stipulation...

It's funny, but the folded cards are too big for their envelopes...so I'd have to trim the cards a bit.

Hi, as far as I know there is no restrictions on blank cards as there is with say rubber stamps. So I would say you can buy blank cards, decorate them and then sell them on, no problem.
    Regards Sue
    www.thepinkshopblog.com

Comment

Thanks - they also sell the unfolded card stock -= maybe I'll buy that and fold them myself...does one use a bone thingie to get straight edges? It's a piece of bone for folding nice straight creases.

Comment

Hi, Yes you will need to score your card first where you want the fold to be, then fold your card, and with the bone folder use it to smooth down the crease. This way you will get a nicely folded card
        Regards Sue
        www.thepinkshopblog.com

Comment

Tghere are no restrictions on what you can do whith blank folded card...unless it has some very defining features such as an embossed design on or something...the same goes for plain ribbon etc

You have to be careful with what you put on the card though. If you are going to design your own images etc to go on the cards then obviously you are fine but if you are going to use stamps or images that you buy then be very careful as some do not allow you to sell items you make with them.

Look out for an "Angel Policy" which basically allows you to sell the cards you make with the stamps/images/toppers etc but usually has some restrictions and they vary from company to company

Jo
          x
          www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

Thanks - good info!

My eldest daughter has a Sizzix, and if I cut out a Christmas tree shape with it, can I use that? And if I cut it out of hand made paper I have bought?

It was going to be a collage effect.

I am using this hand made paper for decoration on cigar boxes I am selling...for my potpourri. Gulp.

Comment

I did a quick google for you and you will be fine as far as the sizzix tree is concerened...here is what i found:

"Ellison Educational Equipment, Inc. (collectively “we” “us” “our” “Sizzix” or “Ellison”) welcome artists who would like to use Sizzix die design images in their own handmade craftwork that they produce to sell. Therefore, we give permission in the form of a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable license to use any Sizzix die design images from dies that you own for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale, under the following criteria:...." More details here: http://www.sizzix.com/angel

You should also be fine with the handmade paper but if you have any doubts then search their site for an angel policy or email and ask...thats what i do and have never been told no yet In fact they will probably be happy you have taken the time to ask!

Jo
              x
              www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

Thank you! I should've googled it myself, sorry. Lazy me.

Comment

Good luck with your cardmaking, I look forward to seeing what you make My bone folder is one of my 'can't do without' items...if you don't have a board for creasing (the ones with the ridges in) then if you mark the card top and bottom and use the bone folder to score the line it'll make an even sharper fold, rather than just folding it and pressing it with your fingers.
                  Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                  X