Help Needed Please - Communion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Please - Communion

I have received an order this morning for five holy communion cards, they haven't requested anything specific and they don't want the cards personalised but the problem is that I have no idea what to use for a communion card.

Does anyone have any ideas? Communion is something I have never had any dealings with so I'm not sure about it and I want to make sure I get it right.

All help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Laura xxx

When Ive done these cards in the past ive used the sizzix die which is a bible.

Dont know if this help or I have seen decoupage for this also.
    www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Sara... I've got some little bibles that I use for Christening cards... will have a play around with those.

Any ideas for other 'communion' card ideas?

Comment

I had my first holy communion when I was 7 and still remember it after all this time.. eeek!

Only suggestions I can think of to not make the cards appear over the top would be a pair of praying hands. A little girl or boy dressed in white (girl would have a veil). A bible, rosary beads, a cross, a single white rose.

Hope those help

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

The little girls are usually dressed in white dresses like little wedding dresses, little boys in suits. The cards I have seen have usually had either a bible, cross, flowers and or praying hands on them. So all the suggestions so far should be fine. I'm sure you'll do well. xxx
          Helen

'If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain sometimes'

http://www.folksy.com/shops/helsbellshan...
          http://www.misi.co.uk/store_info.php?use...

Comment

Thank you so much for the help, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

I remember the First Holy Communion Cards that were popular when I had my first Holy Communion.

They had a child preying on the front and a big cross on them

Hopefully some inspiration?
              Nattelie xx

Comment

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your help and ideas, I have a few ideas at the moment and have ordered some bits and pieces so will let you know how I go on

Comment

communion cards

Hi Laura

I have some peel-offs for first communion, they have the word communion on , also chalise, pair of doves, praying hands, if you need any let me know, I could pop some in the post no problem

Cindy x
                  Cindy

I'm not fully computer literate, but I can spell IT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Communion cards

Hi Laura

Just wanted to suggest candles for communion cards, a major theme in the ceremony. The cross is also a strong choice, really can't go wrong with that. Are they cards for youngsters or adults?

Lots of luck
                    Crofter

Comment

Hi Cindy, I have been and bought some communion wording today but thank you for your offer, it is very kind of you

The cards for are youngsters so I'm hoping to make a start on them tomorrow so will let you know how I get on with them.

Candles are a great idea thank you... I have a couple of different candles embossing stencils so may try to incorporate those.

Thank you for all the ideas

Comment

Working...
                      X