Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE,HELP ME GET INTO DOING A CRAFT FAIR

hi there
    new to the site and have a few questions to ask,can any one help me find craft fairs to do and how do you go about getting a stall.
    i have my suppliers and all my stuff ready to do my first craft fair,but as yet i do not know enough to get started into doing regularly craft fairs and fates.
    i live in the uk,staffordshire but travelling is know probs.
    please can any one piont me in the right way to get started and any information on doing my first craft fair is very welcome too.
    i am not really in it for loads of money to make but more so to pass time away and enjoy the crafts that i love and do.
    thanks for any help and hope to chat with you all very soon,as this looks like a great site to be a member off.
    thanks sarah

Welcome to the forum. All of the information you need is included in our book, THE ART OF SELLING YOUR CRAFT.

Written to help you get going in the craft world and priced at just £3.95, it is available to purchase through our web site at www.craftlink.co.uk
    Craft-Link UK
    The Art of Selling Your Craft - The essential read for craft workers!
    Help, guidance and advice on how to make the most selling craft for profit - and getting it right!

Craft-Link UK - www.craftlink.co.uk
    Encouraging Creativity

Comment

help

thanks very much,it looks a great book full of great information.
      could you tell me if you know where you can get the full uk list of the craft fairs from too.
      thank for you help,and i will be ordering one of those books shortly
      sarah

Comment

Hi !

I am new to this site too, and have been making cards for only the past 3 mths.
        I am now doing regular Craft fairs, I found out the locations of these by just doing a Google search for craft fairs in my area(KENT).
        Have you tried doing this yet?? It should come up with a whole list of local events in your area and most with contact details for you to book a pitch.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on!!

Regards Christina

Comment

HI Have a look at the following craft fair site.

It lists a lot of craft fairs each month, and some are in your area.

http://www.craft-fair.co.uk/

You also have a craft fair organiser very close, with craft fairs arranged in Congleton, which is very close to you.

http://www.your-craft-fairs.co.uk/

regards
          JOHN http://www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

craft fairs

thanks very much to all the people that have answered my question,i have found many ideas and fair shows from google,and i have found the web sites very usefull too
            so thanks for helping me on that.
            just a though thou i have a few suppliers of craft making items,but if any of the crafters out there like to let me know of any bargin places to look for my supplys,i would be so greatfull,i dont want people to give me there suppliers thou,all i am loooking for is a few bargin places to look into
            thanks again every one
            sarah

Comment

try our site!

Originally posted by currys12
              thanks very much to all the people that have answered my question,i have found many ideas and fair shows from google,and i have found the web sites very usefull too
              so thanks for helping me on that.
              just a though thou i have a few suppliers of craft making items,but if any of the crafters out there like to let me know of any bargin places to look for my supplys,i would be so greatfull,i dont want people to give me there suppliers thou,all i am loooking for is a few bargin places to look into
              thanks again every one
              sarah
              Hi Sarah
              Just give our site a look and see if anything takes your fancy, we are also doing a craft fair in Leicester on 23rd September if your interested.

w w w belscrafts.co.uk

yours Jez

Comment

Have you seen the date of the last post?

Comment

Originally posted by peterart
                  Have you seen the date of the last post?

Joking apart, the Craftsman magazine is a great resource.

Bea
                  Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

hi just google craft fair and your county, you should find a list of organisers.

Comment

Check the dates of the thread
                      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I usually organise craft fairs inthe West Midlands area, if you are interested, i can email you when i hold the next one Jane

Comment

I recently found the following site which might be useful:
                          http://www.stallfinder.com/
                          Ann
                          eweniquecards.co.uk
                          www.eweniquecards.co.uk
                          www.folksy.co.uk/shops/Brombabe

Comment

please notE this is a very old thread.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                            X