embossing powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embossing powder

What make of embossing poweder would you recommend. I am looking for a nice gold effect.
    also what couour ink would you use underneath?

Thanks
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Hi,
    'Blonde Moments' and 'Cosmic Shimmer' have some fab colours. What brand I use depends on whether the image to be embossed has lots of detail - if it doesn't, I'd go for UTEE.
    I'd also go for a clear ink pad if you want a crisp gold image - if not, go crazy and experiment for different effects!

Comment

For dark and opaque powders I either use black or red if I am not using the standard clear ink.

Red is the traditional base colour for gold leaf, so I have tended to use red ink under gold embossing!

Most of the powders I have are Heat it Up! brand, but my favorite gold one is "Pirate Gold ep-102" by Stamp-n Stuff.. it is not a shiny new gold, more antique and aged..

Comment

off to spend some pennies!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          off to spend some pennies!
          let us know what you try/buy! and how it works!

Comment

I use Cosmic Shimmer, Stampin' Up! or Stampendeous embossing powders. The gold in my powder draw is Cosmic Shimmer and I use it with clear embossing ink.
            Helen
            Independent Stampin Up! Demonstrator
            my blog: http://helending.blogspot.com/
            my website: www.warringtonstampers.com

Comment

If you're embossing a detailed design then it's definitely worth getting some detailed embossing powder, the grains are finer so you get a crisper image particularly noticeable with wording. Otherwise my favourite gold is Personal Impressions Mirror Gold as it's not too shiny and a 'real' gold colour not yellowy or brassy looking.

I know it's been recommended elsewhere but I'd be inclined to avoid the 'Heat It Up' brand as I've never had particularly good results using it and I know some of my customers have said the same.
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
              X