Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embossing Pens

Hi!

I am in the middle of making my brother's wedding invitations.

I am currently trying to make up people's name placings for the tables. I was hoping to use an embossing pen with emobissing powder to put the people's names on the cards. The only problem is that I can only track down clear embossing pens, which makes it very ahrd for me to see if I am writing the people's names correctly. Can anyone let me know if it is possible to buy a silver embossing pen (to use with embossing powder) as this would make it so much easier for me to see what I am actually writing!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Leanne

Hi Leanne and welcome to the forum

I don't think you can get embossing pens in silver but you can get them in loads of different colours. I'm guessing the clear one you have has the blue tint but yep it's still pretty tricky to see especially on some card.

Personally I use the black embossing pen with gold or silver embossing powder and it looks fine. I don't think it matters too much which colour pen you use if you're using a metallic powder.

BTW I'm very impressed you're writing the names freehand - whenever I try that they end up on a slope
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi Nattynetty

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I've just ordered a black embossing pen from ebay. I wasn't too sure if the black would show through the silver embossing ink, that's why I went for the clear pen but what a disaster - it's impossible to see where you are writing! The clear pen that I have doesn't have the blue tint that you mentioned - it is completely clear. Didn't realise that they come with a tint - I'm so new to all of this stuff!

I am going to attempt to write the placings by hand but no doubt I'll get to about 10 and change my mind or wish I'd never started to hand write them!

I will give the black embossing pen a shot.

Thank you so much for all your help again - much appreciated.

Leanne x

Comment

Nattynety beat me to it! I am really impressed you are going to try writing and embossing the names name. They will look great. Will you post an image when you have done some? I would love to see them.
        Anice xx
        Funkyhand x
        my website
        http://www.funkyhand.com
        my blog (updated 09/06/10)
        http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
        Follow me on Twitter
        http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Hi Funkyhand

I will definately post images of the name placings as well as the invitations (day & evening), menus, thank yous, RVPS and table nos I've also made some favour tea light holders using gallery glass, which I will get some photos of.

As you can imagine I've been a very busy girl.

Thanks for all your help.

Leanne xx

Comment

Sorry to "hi-jack" your thread, but i'm intriqued about embossing pens...!!!

I take it that you use it instead of (but in the same way as) stamps and ink?

What a fab idea, gotta get me a couple of those!!

Totally showing what a newbie i am

Leanne you sound really busy! Bet your having a good time doing it all and sure your brother appreciates it! Like Funkyhand i'm looking forward to seeing the pics too x
            Last edited by Lianne86; 25-01-2007, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Lianne86

You are correct, embossing pens are used in the same way as stamps and ink. I'm using the pen to hand write people names on to name placings, then using embossing powder and my heat gun.

I got my black embossing pen from ebay yesterday and couldn't resist trying it out and it looks absolutely fabulous (if I must say so myself). So thank you very much nattynetty and funkyhand, your advice was 100% correct.

My brother, like the typical man he is, is so not interested in his invitations - this has been left up to his fiance, which suits me fine as she has a better eye for design and style than him! I am going to take some pictures of the wedding stationery tonight and I'll put them up on this thread tomorrow.

Thank you so much to everyone again for their help, much appreciated.

Leanne xx

Comment

Hurrah!

I am so pleased that the embossing pen has worked out perfectly for you. I look forward to seeing the end results!
                Anice xx
                Funkyhand x
                my website
                http://www.funkyhand.com
                my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                Follow me on Twitter
                http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Well i couldn't help myself and just bought one to see what like it is. Be good for highlighting bits of the card.

Good luck with the rest of the stationery.

Lianne

Comment

Want to put up pictures of my cards the forum won't let me!!

Hi!

I have finally finished my brother's wedding cards.

I was hoping to put pictures up of my finished articles - everytime I try to put a URL link to the photographs the forum keeps coming back and saying I need to make 25 posts before I can place a URL link, I'm currently sitting on 5 posts - any ideas on how I can put these pictures up on this site?

Thanks!

Leanne

Comment

Yay finished at last! It's a nice feeling isn't it?

If you go onto the Crafts Gallery you should be able to post the pics on there with no trouble Leanne

can't wait to see them
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi Nattynetty!

I can't seem to load the pictures on to the gallery space either! It keeps saying the files are too big.

I shall just try to reply to a few posts on this site and hopefully I shall be near 25 soon.

Thanks for your help.

Leanne x

Comment

Working...
                        X