What price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What price?

Hi everyone I make handmade cards I do everything from quilling, iris folding,tea bag folding,3D decopauge,sewing I even make keep sake cards in the shape of books and bibles,windows and fimo clay cards I also make my own boxes for the cards I spend a fortune and spend hours doing them.
    The problem I am having is how much to charge for a card I do'nt want to price them to high otherwise no one will buy them but enough to make a profit do you have any suggestions that could help?
    Thanks Kim

Depends how much work has gone into it. I have an idea how much work is involved in the quilling (it is about the only craft I do) but the others I have no idea. You could be charging anywhere between £1.50 and £4-5 depending on the design. I did see one quilled card in a small craft shop once for sale at £10 it was about 5"x10" in size and although had quite a bit of work on it I wouldn't have spent £10 on it (I'd rather spend the money on a present).
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Always a difficult one! Just depends on how much work you have put into making a card - but one thing is certain, peeps don't want to pay for the hours! ikki
      ikki

http://ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogspot.com/

Comment

quilling

Originally posted by indri View Post
        Depends how much work has gone into it. I have an idea how much work is involved in the quilling (it is about the only craft I do) but the others I have no idea. You could be charging anywhere between £1.50 and £4-5 depending on the design. I did see one quilled card in a small craft shop once for sale at £10 it was about 5"x10" in size and although had quite a bit of work on it I wouldn't have spent £10 on it (I'd rather spend the money on a present).
        Hi somebody else who does quilling that's great there's not many of us out there I love it I do lot's of flowers and other stuff what do you do I would love to see some of your work

Comment

Working...
        X