Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear ink it up question

Hiya,

I have a question about my clear embossing ink. It seems to have picked up lots of embossing powder, and today when I tried toi use it the embossing powder just kept blowing off it!! I've only had it about a month and have only used it sparingly so I don't htink the ink has dried up, any idea's anyone on if I can bring it to life again!??
    chilli xxx

Hiya Chilligrape

Not sure if it'll work but I know some ink pads get 'gelled' and need agitating with the back of a spoon to make it work again properly (that was so badly explained so hope you understand what I meant).
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hiya nattynetty

Do you mean just rubbing the back of a spoon over the pad? I'll give it a try! Thanks!
      chilli xxx

Comment

I have seen lots of comments on Ink It Up pads and had experience of my own with them - unfortunately none of it good. Rather than risk spoiling your projects and wasting your time you would be better off binning it and buying a Versamark clear inkpad - they are really good, I've had mine for ages (2+ years) and it shows no sign of drying up. Hope this helps, sorry about the bad news but I did exactly the same thing!

Anna

Comment

Originally posted by anna_fran View Post
          I have seen lots of comments on Ink It Up pads and had experience of my own with them - unfortunately none of it good. Rather than risk spoiling your projects and wasting your time you would be better off binning it and buying a Versamark clear inkpad - they are really good, I've had mine for ages (2+ years) and it shows no sign of drying up. Hope this helps, sorry about the bad news but I did exactly the same thing!

Anna
          Have to agree with Anna_Fran.
          Heat it up and Ink it up products are not as good as other ones on the market.
          I use 'Perfect Medium' clear ink pad (which you can also get a refill for- if you use it alot)

Comment

Ink it up! pads didn't work for me either!

I gave up on heat embossing fro a while as I thought I couldn't do it, one day I tried again with a different brand and got on fine. I love the little VersaMark cubes.

Comment

interesting......I've been using the same Ink It Up pads in my demonstrations for nearly 3 years now (a clear, a silver, a gold and a black) and I've never once had a problem with any of them!

I'm not just saying that because I sell them though, i'm just surprised that people have problems with them!
              Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
              Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
              www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

I agree buy a Versamark... I have had one for over a year and it still works fabulous. No problems.

Comment

I have a versamark too they are great. doesnt it also help if you keep your ink pads upside down so that the ink remains at the top of the pad? or is that a myth?
                  Lisa. xx

Comment

i have ink it up and versamark,no probs with either well yet
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craft...41589212564366

Comment

I always stack my inkpads upside down too

Comment

In the early days of my papercrafting I was using Ink it up ink pads. I've found of the clear ones fine (but I do use them often and always store upside down). I have had issues with the coloured Ink it up pads - I think it is perhaps colours less frequently used are drying up.

Because of this I now use the Cats Eye inks & chalks, they are small, and I am able to have them in my tote for crops etc. I have not had a problem with them drying out.

(incidentally my clear ink it up pad looks very mucky now. But is still wet and stampable).

Comment

Working...
                        X