Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Hearts Valentines Day Card

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Open Hearts Valentines Day Card

    I've recently got the Glitter Girls Tall Stories and Open Hearts board and took a commission order for a Valentines Day card, so decided to use the Open Hearts side of the board to see what I could come up with.

    After lots of failed attempts at cutting it out (the scallop edges are a real nuisance!!), here is what I've come up with...




    The design is relatively simplistic as I didn't want to over do it with having the scalloped edging on some of the smaller hearts too.

    I'm fairly happy with it, especially as it's my first one... all feedback is welcomed though

  • #2
    Its Gorgeous!

    Well done its really lovely.
    Sarah

    Comment


    • #3
      aww, thank you... really glad that a fellow crafter likes it - that makes me happy knowing that someone 'in the know' likes what I've done

      Comment


      • #4
        That brilliant for your first attempt, well done!

        It's really lovely

        Comment


        • #5
          I like that

          Sara x
          www.cardsforewe.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            looks great

            Comment


            • #7
              it's really lovely. I especially like the scroll

              Emma xx
              My Blog
              Twitter
              Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you for all of the positive feedback

                Comment


                • #9
                  A great card. It's easy to see how much work has been put into it as the quality shines through.

                  Linda

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by craftdancer View Post
                    A great card. It's easy to see how much work has been put into it as the quality shines through.

                    Linda
                    Thank you Linda, that means a lot

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's really good! I've got that board too and just couldn't cut the scallop edging out without it looking bad, so I got my pair of scalloped scissors and cut right up close to the edge instead. It's a lovely board isn't it, but not as simple as their other ones I didn't think, yep, I went through quite a few pieces of card too
                      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Really lovely!!! Sue xx
                        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think thats one of the nicest ideas I have seen.. I like the scalloped edge , but I think any more would have overdone it. It looks like the kind of card someone would send to someone special - rather than the ones that some people send to "everyone" if you know what I mean!.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nettie View Post
                            That's really good! I've got that board too and just couldn't cut the scallop edging out without it looking bad, so I got my pair of scalloped scissors and cut right up close to the edge instead. It's a lovely board isn't it, but not as simple as their other ones I didn't think, yep, I went through quite a few pieces of card too
                            Thank you... like you I find this one far more difficult than some of the other boards and I'll definitely not be making as many of these as I do the bookatrix cards but it's nice for a change

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
                              Really lovely!!! Sue xx
                              Thank you


                              Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
                              I think thats one of the nicest ideas I have seen.. I like the scalloped edge , but I think any more would have overdone it. It looks like the kind of card someone would send to someone special - rather than the ones that some people send to "everyone" if you know what I mean!.
                              Aww, thank you sooo much... this one is for Valentines Day, but I definitely agree that it's more of a special someone card than an anyone card

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X