quilling - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quilling - help

Can anyone tell me how you stick your paper rolls to your cards etc ??

I was thinking about building up a design using fairly loose rolled paper, so I wondered how you stick the scrolls on without a mess of glue being visible.. and also how secure it is !

Thanks in advance!

Hiya,
    I used a cocktail stick and put the glue on that way. I usually used PVA- Anitas Tacky Pva is really good. Holds it on pretty tight!

Any more questions, just let me know! :-)
    With love
    Em
    xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
    http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

Oh thanks, that simple eh?? I will give it a go and report back!

when I'm all gluey and covered in bits.. fat fingers are a curse when it comes to fiddly crafting! he heheehh!

Comment

This has to be my department then (it’s about the only craft I do!).
        I usually start with my design drawn on tracing paper and then pin it to a board (mine is polystyrene lids I get chemicals delivered in at work, though cork is a more normal thing to use). I build up the design on the quilling board by pinning the quilled shapes onto the board, sticking them to each other with the tiniest amount of glue on the sides of the shapes and pinning them to the board while they dry (as below):

Once the design is done I carefully lift the design off with tweezers. Some parts might have got stuck to the tracing paper so I carefully wiggle the tweezers between the quilled shapes and the tracing paper to work it loose. I then spread small dots of PVA onto the back of the design with a cocktail stick. Another way to get the glue to the back of the design is to wrap the quilling board in cling film and spread a thin layer of PVA glue to the cling film. Then you can just pick up the design with tweezers and dip into the glue.

Build up the design on the card as you go then. With something floral make a load of flowers arrange on the card (without glue) and then when happy with the design stick to the card.

Cards made with 3mm paper will be easily posted with normal letter stamps and don’t need special protective envelopes. Any thicker papers will need large letter stamps.

HTH
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

cards by design

Oh Indri,your explanation has actually given me a lot of help too. Ingenious thanks. Angela. x

Comment

Any other quilling queries just ask!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Actually, the rubber stamp I just bought is a heart design made up of lots of scrolls and squiggles,, and I thought it would be good to stamp the design then overlay it..

I tried the cocktail stick, but a bit fiddly.. so I smeared a little PVA on my thumbnail and used that to dab the glue on the papers - worked a treat, and they were very securely stuck this morning..

I guess having big hands/fingers has it's advantages too -as well as the disadvantage of struggling with the fiddly little things!

Comment

I really do recommend a good pair of fine tweezers! They really do help and make things so less fiddly!
                View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                X