Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine Day Cards Launched & adding attachments to posts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine Day Cards Launched & adding attachments to posts!

Hi All
    I have just updated my website with the new Valentine Day Cards that we have done! I know it is a little late in the day and they should have been up before now, but I am trying to get the hang of a calender that is two months ahead of any up and coming day or occassion!!

Anyway here is the link to the site www.craft-duo.com if you could find time and have a look at the some of them and add your opinion here that would be great.

As I said before we don't get much external feedback so it would be really useful to see if we are getting it right!!

I tried to up load in to this thread some as an imported image using the attachments but it wouldn't let me and I got really flustrated!!!!! could anybody help me understand how I can get pictures in to my posts like you guys do? I made it really tiny and tried all file types but it kept saying I was exceeding the limit? aaarrrhhh!

Anyway thanks

Lisa
    Craftduo visit www.craft-duo.com

Craftduo Blog http://craft-duo.blogspot.com

Hi, love your cards, especially the butterfly ones, I love butterflies. Pictures - do you use photobucket? That's what I use although this is only one way of doing it - upload image to your photobucket album, below your new uploaded picture there's a row of boxes, go to bottom one and highlight the one beginning 'img', right click, copy and paste to here...sorted! Try and upload to 'medium' btw. There are other ways and I think if you do a Search above you should come across a number of other replies using different methods, including the yellow box above with the picture of the mountains in. Hope I've helped
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Your cards are gorgeous... I'd definitely buy those if I saw them in a shop or at a craft fair. I especially love the butterfly cards, lovely

I also use Photobucket for my images as I've found this the easiest way for what I need as it saves me storing hundreds of images on my laptop as they are saved to my Photobucket account and I can also use those images on my website as well as the forum

HTH

Comment

Love the cards.

I like the black rose and the daisies and the black and white one but they're all lovely.

Alice
        I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Hi Lisa, just had a look at your valentine and "male" cards..

I would certainly buy some of the valentines ones for my o/h (cutesy bears not my cup of tea, but that's no criticism!) if I were not sat here making him one now!

I liked some of the general "male" ones too though they are the type of card I buy when I can't find something "just right" - by that I mean one that is personal to the recipient rather than a nice but non specific card. Having said that, I struggle every year to find a really good one for close friends and family!

In the spirit of kindly feedback, I did find it odd that you price every card individually... the difference between £3.25 and £3.30 and £3.40 - I would round up and round down and just have £3.25 and £3.50!!

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging feedback.

Its really good to get feedback on the cards I make as I only get family and friends at the moment and you never know if they are just being kind. Also because they are not selling at the moment you think people don't like what you are selling.

I'll have a look into the Picture bucket file. With my knowledge that could lead me anywhere. I totally flustrated with Google Analytics over the weekend because its not working as I thought and I don't understand why as I followed the instructions. So hopefully the next time a post a thread I can out the piccies on here.

Good thought about the rounding up or down? Its intersting how others view things and you haven't thought about it.

Cheers Lisa

Comment

I love your cards!
              Sarah

Comment

Thanx Sarah. It really helps your confidence when you get comments like that.

Cheers Lisa

Comment

Hi
                  I really like you cards and your also your web site.

I would be carefull not to use the word DL to discribe a card size though. As many people dont know what this means or its size, if they dont craft themselves.

I also make cards and find pricing hard as I believe its a fine between being too cheap & also pricing thing too high that people wont buy.

I think that sometimes rounding things up can look more expensive even if it is just by 5p - 10p as £2.95 or allways looks more reasonable than £3.00.

But people will buy if they like what your selling. I find I cant win as some people say im too cheap and should increase my prices. Then others say oh that expensive for what it.

You should be proud of what you made and acheived with your web site

Sara x
                  www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Hi Sara
                    good thought about the DL. I didn't think. Its just second nature to us crafters you think others know too.

I think until I can I sell my cards outside of my family I will never be over confident about what I have made. My partner and I are planning on going on to a craft fair, but we need to build up some more varied stock first.

Thank you for the inspiring words. I knew being on this forum would keep us going.

Cheers Lisa

Comment

Just wanted to say you have some lovely, unusual cards.

You should do well!
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thanx this is very reassuring.

Cheers Lisa

Comment

Love your Valentines cards!

Would love if you could upload them to my Facebook group! Details below.

Leona x
                          Teaching Art & Craft to Adults & Children for over 12 years
                          http://www.artistsresource.co.uk

FREE Live Art Tutorials - Wednesdays 7pm - HERE: Youtube
                          Join our Online Art Academy

Comment

Hi Leonna
                            Sorry I missed your post too late! I will be putting on some Mothers day cards soon though so if the offer still stands could we do it then?

Cheers Lisa

Comment

Working...
                            X