Die cuts part 2!! Help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die cuts part 2!! Help please!!!

Part one was about getting die cuts made to order.. in case you were wondering!

This is some general questions about die cutting and such..

Firstly, will dies like cuttlebug etc cut through the copper sheet they sell in craft shops (thin enough to cut with scissors, and emboss with a pencil) ???

Next..

I am hoping to make some gatefold cards, A5 and A6 size, and I wanted to do some cut outs on the front. I dont want to do them with a craft knife (too detailed, too fiddly) but the cards are far too big to go through a machine like a cuttlebug, and the punch type dies dont reach in far enough - they are great for cutting out a motif to attach, but useless for cutting holes! - also the motif can only be cut one way... is there a way round this? are there any manual die cutters with a long reach perhaps??

Many thanks!

Sparkysdad
    xx

There are long reach punches out there and I think sizzex do something called a paddle punch. What shape do you want to cut out?
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I'm fairly sure that most die-cutters are supposed to cut through thin metal sheets, but to be on the safe hand you could try emailing/ringing the company who makes the one you have got/are getting to check?

The only way of doing the cut-outs on the cards that I can think of is with an electronic cutter like the craft robo, but that is probably a bit more expensive than you were planning on!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
        There are long reach punches out there and I think sizzex do something called a paddle punch. What shape do you want to cut out?
        Card is hopefully going to be a gatefold, with a ribbon between the card and liner, and coming out of a slot on each flap, for tieing - wanted to cut out a small design (say a leaf) which would then show the ribbon through!

The other consideration was to be able to cut out some rectangles so that names, or "wedding invitation" etc could be printed on the liner, but show on the front of the closed card.??

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
          I'm fairly sure that most die-cutters are supposed to cut through thin metal sheets, but to be on the safe hand you could try emailing/ringing the company who makes the one you have got/are getting to check?

The only way of doing the cut-outs on the cards that I can think of is with an electronic cutter like the craft robo, but that is probably a bit more expensive than you were planning on!

Hmm yes.. robo and cricut are kind of twice the budget for the whole project, before buying any templates.. let alone card stock and the like!

Comment

Like someone as as said i think your best bet would be the sizzix paddle punch and im sure they do a leaf

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Working...
            X