Embossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embossing

I'm looking for a bit of helpful advice please.

I love the look of embossed images on cards but can't get the hang of stencil embossing - I've had my stencils, lightbox, etc for about eighteen months now and just can't get to grips with it so have all but given up.

I have recently realised that I can do some embossing on my Sizzix Sidekick and have a couple of questions about this, as so far I have only had a play around with the 'Thank you' embossing plate that came with the Sidekick.

What stencils do I need for embossing on my Sidekick? Is it only Sizzix ones that are compatible? Where is the cheapest place to buy these?

I have seen a few cards created with embossed floral borders, etc which I'm really interested in, though not too keen on the embossed wording.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,

Laura xx

I think it is cuttlebug who make all the embossing folders, I expect you can use them on the sizzix too, try googling it and see what comes up. There are some gorgeous ones!

I just read on another thread that you are expecting a new robo soon - you can apparently make your own embossing folders with that, I havnt tried it yet but I think i saved the file so give me a shout if you want me to email it to you. It sounded like it would take quite a while, but probably quite satisfying and that way you would have exactly what you wanted too!

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that you could make embossing folders on the robo... what a great idea that is!!

I'm only getting the basic machine and the manufacturers software from a member of UKScrappers so I'm looking for anything (either templates or useful advice) that I can find so that I can get started.

I'm off to look on Google now for Cuttlebug folders to check out the compatability

Thanks a lot.

Comment

I use cuttlebug embossing folders on my bigshot so I would imagine that it's ok on the sidekick too.

Comment

Thank you... think I might have a look on Ebay

Comment

The cuttlebug folders won't work on a sidekick, you need a full size die cutting machine which can take different plate 'sandwiches'. The bigshot/bigkick will work, as will a wizard and of course the bug itself.

There are one or two small folders (which come four to a pack) which you might be able to get to work with some shims, but I wouldn't be sure of it.
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks for that George... glad I read that before making any purchases

Comment

Hmmm, I was confused because I thought the embossing folders were flat like the sizzlit dies for the sidekick, and that you have to use the converter when you put them through the "normal" sizzix.

So I googled it, and apparently that is right - the cuttlebug embossing folders WILL work in the sidekick but (I havnt got one so I could be wrong) a lot of them are too big to fit widthways etc, I havnt seen the sidekick so I dont know if you can get round that. There are some sets of smaller ones though.

I found this on the advert for a cuttlebug folder: "IF you can use sizzlits in your die cutting machine try this! These EMBOSS paper, cardstock, and even thin metal. They offer a clean crisp image and look very professional. They will work in the sizzix machine with converter, sidekick, big shot and tag a long machines and of course the cuttlebug machine."

There are some of the small ones at the bottom of http://www.clickoncrafts.co.uk/card-...g-folders&pg=1

just to give you an idea of what you are looking for!

PM me your email address if you want the file on making your own, or google it!

C x

Comment

Thanks for that Claire - off to have a look now

Also, sending you a pm

Comment

If you can fit an a6 size card in the side kick then yes they will work the cuttlebug embossing folder's are a6 size and I have a big shot to use them with. I also have the boarder ones which also fit

Hope this helps Laura
                    Tina xx
                    http://www.forevermemoriesforyou.co.uk/Shop/
                    Craft Robo Design templates Designed By Me

Forever-Memories-For-You Blog

CRAFT ROBO TEMPLATES CARD

Comment

Working...
                    X