Trouble with Lili of The Valley Stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Lili of The Valley Stamps

I fell in love with the lili of the valley Christmas fairies die cuts and decoupage and decided to save money I would buy the set of stamps and use these to make my own toppers. I have done quite a bit of stamping with no problems including using clear stamps but these I am having a lot of trouble with. They are the same material as that used on the rubber stamps but not attached to anything so I have been glueing them to my acrylic blocks and using them in the same way as the clear stamps. However whenever I put the ink on them it seems to stick to the backing of the stamp and then this prints onto my paper. This happens with all of them no matter what I do! The raised surface on the stamp doesnt seem to be raised enough off the backing. Does anyone else have this problem? The stamps were quite expensive and I don't want it to be a waste of money.

Check out Joanna Sheen website she has EZ mount foam which is brilliant, simply peel off one side, stick on your stamp cut around then peel off the backing, the stamp then sticks to your block.

Comment

With regard to the e z mount, by using this it will raise your rubber stamp up that extra couple of millimetres too so, hopefully, you won't get the ink transfer you mentioned. Good luck. I love the lilly of the valley images and the easy teabag folding ones too...very delicate looking
      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Have you trimmed the excess rubber really close to the image?
        Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
        I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

If these are real 'red' rubber, then it's probably about cushioning. You need some one one side or other. The first option is between the stamp and block (my preference), which can be either ez mount applied to the stamp, or even simpler a sheet of tack n peel, which you attach to your block and then stick the stamp to. Alternatively, you can cushion below your cardstock (a magazine is plenty to allow a bit of 'give'), but this can be more hit and miss. As Kay rightly said, you need to trim close to the image, and if there are any large open areas in the design, it can be worth trimming these away as well.
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
          X