Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... it's all gone!!

Afternoon all,

I'm getting really stressed here as we have sooooo much going on at the moment and I just don't know how to cope with it all.

As some of you may be aware, I suyffer with depression/anxiety and suffer badly from panic attacks - spoke about it here http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...t=19456&page=5 on Katianne's life crisis thread.

Over the last few weeks things weren't too bad and we were getting all sorted for Christmas, etc and both hubby and myself were feeling relatively positive. Last week I used all of the Christmas cards I had in stock for sending to our friends, relatives and all those people who send us cards from ex-work colleagues to friends of my late mother - we've not even started on the ones for hubby's work yet!! I knew I had about ten days to rebuild my stocks for the two dqay craft fair this weekend (13th/14th) at Delapre Abbey so I wasn't too concerned about having no Christmas cards done.

Anyway, last Wednesday evening we received a telephone call asking us to get to the hospital as soon as possible as hubby's aunt had suffered a massive stroke and was in a coma... we left immediately to go to the hospital and the car broke down part of the way there, we eventually got to the hospital around 8.15pm!! We spent the next few days hospital visiting, trying to keep the family's spirits up and well, I'm not really sure what we were doing, it all passed in a blur... sadly aunt Maureen passed away on Monday morning and since then both hubby and myself have been arguing constantly, both feeling extremely low and lacking motivation. I know this is only to be expected in times of grief though.

But... I have a two day fair this weekend whch hubby's wants me to go ahead with, but I still have no Christmas cards!! I sat down for hours yesterday and just couldn't achieve anything that I was happy with so I gave up. I've been sitting here for about four hours this morning with Christmas music playing, the Christmas lights turned on and all of my crafty stuff spread out around me, and so far I've made six cards, none of which I'm 100% happy with!!

I don't really know the reason for this post, I suppose I'm hoping that someone can suggest something to get my motivation and inspiration back and get some crafting achieved by the weekend... I've tried chilling out, getting some sleep, setting a Christmassy atmoshphere - I don't know what else to try

Sorry to ramble on, I'm just feeling like a bit of a lost cause at the moment

Laura xxx

Why not try a bit of blog hopping cause viewing other peoples cards might help you get back into it and may even give you a few ideas. Start simple!! keep cards nice and simple which will make them quick to make and help build up some stock. I think as soon as you have a few cards made up again the pressured feeling may ease a bit and make it easier for you to craft. I always find i can only craft when i want to - not when i have to.

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope things start to feel better for all concerned soon. x
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Chin up.....

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
      I always find i can only craft when i want to - not when i have to.
      I agree with this, i always feel like i should be making cards for the fairs i have coming up but i can't think of ideas! but then when i don't feel any pressure, my creative juices suddenly flow!

Sorry to hear about your aunt, it's such a horrible time of year for this to happen. Maybe think about things that she liked and put those onto cards (certain flowers, colours etc) - you might find it a bit therapeutic.

I live jus down the road from Delapre Abbey so might pop along to say hi!

xx
      Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NEW Website: www.thecreativemills.co.uk
      Blog: http://thecreativemills.blogspot.com
      Check out my MISI shop: http://thecreativemills.misi.me.uk

Comment

Thanks for your replies... I'm trying to use up what toppers and backing papers I already have made up at the moment to build some stock hoping that when I feel less pressured that I'll feel more creative... thanks

Hope to see you on Saturday or Sunday - if you manage along then please come and say hello

Comment

You could try taking a Vitamin B complex - helps with stress, or a Dr. Bach remedy.

Did you make the toppers? Could you put together some card-making kits?
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

I just blogged a really simple card using ribbon scraps if you would like to take a peek. Not a colour everyone would like but you can use any colours.
            Emma
            Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

Yeah I make a lot of my own toppers so am thinking of putting together some little simple card making kits for selling at the weekend. Once I get the Christmas cards done then I'm hoping to put some packs of notecards again, if I get time.

I've got Bach's Rescue Remedy - it goes everywhere with me so I'll have some of that just now too

Thanks

Comment

Oh sorry to hear you're having such a tough time Laura, it's so hard to make cards & feel inspired when you're like that.

Agree with the other's really, just look around at some websites or blogs for inspiration & keep it simple.

Look after yourself & take care

Jan x
                "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Faerie View Post
                  Oh sorry to hear you're having such a tough time Laura, it's so hard to make cards & feel inspired when you're like that.

Agree with the other's really, just look around at some websites or blogs for inspiration & keep it simple.

Look after yourself & take care

Jan x
                  Thank you Jan *hugs* Your kind comments (like everyone elses) really mean a lot.... for some reason I've just come over really emotional all of a sudden.

I've managed to make a few cards today using Hobbycraft toppers that I bought last Christmas and then had one of those "why on earth did I buy that, I'll never use it" moments but I've managed to come up with a few cards I'm reasonably happy with so just hoping that I can continue with the flow tonight and tomorrow.

At the moment i'm just going to have a soak in a hot bath while my comfy pj's are on the radiator then settle down with a hot chocolate, the Christmas lights on and hopefully have a crafty evening, I'll let you all know how I get on!!

Laura xxx

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                    You could try taking a Vitamin B complex - helps with stress, or a Dr. Bach remedy.

Did you make the toppers? Could you put together some card-making kits?
                    Thats exactly what I was thinking before I saw your post!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, it is an awful time to lose someone hope you find the strength to get through your fair at the weekend. Hope you do really well. I will be thinking of you. Angel (((hugs)))
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thank you Diane, at the moment I really don't know how I'm going to face the weekend but I know we have to as aunt wouldn't want us to cancel - she was very much for handcrafted goods and full of encouragement which is what I'm trying to focus on, but as you can imagine it's very difficult.

Laura xx

Comment

aawww hun, so sorry about your aunt!, i agree kits are fab, i only buy stuff i can do myself so i think they will go down really well ((((hugs)))) xxx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Originally posted by buffybaskey View Post
                          aawww hun, so sorry about your aunt!, i agree kits are fab, i only buy stuff i can do myself so i think they will go down really well ((((hugs)))) xxx
                          Thank you, hugs are very very much appreciated!! *hugs* xxx

Comment

I am total rubbish at giving or taking sympathy darl. But know I am thinking of you and yours. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Thank you... I'm not so good at taking sympathy either, I tend to ignore 'me' and concentrate on everyone else, which more often than not makes things worse in the long run but I never learn

I've managed to make a couple of cards this evening which is nowhere near as many as I need for the weekend but it is a start I suppose, so I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll be able to get a move on with some more and come the weekend I'll just take along what I have and hope for the best.

LJ xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X