Die cutting machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die cutting machines

I've just started making cards during my convalescence from an operation and have immediately realised that I need to get a machine to cut shapes accurately. I've had a look at this forum and also at youtube demo videos, and I like the look of a Sizzix Bigshot, which is on offer at half-price at Cutting Edge Crafts. Unfortunately, I'm so ignorant that I don't know what to look for. Would the dies for cutting out shapes like circles be included, or would I have to buy those separately?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you experienced crafters can give me!

Liz

All the die cutting mahcines are the same you buy the machine then you have to buy the die shapes to cut which some are really expensive.

Why don't you go for a digital cutting machine like the craft robo I know its a considered purchase Byt well worth every penny.

You can design all your own shapes as well ass cards and cut on this machine

Have a browse through my webiste I sel the machine and also what TEMPLATES I have made with mine

Hope you get sorted
    Tina xx
    http://www.forevermemoriesforyou.co.uk/Shop/
    Craft Robo Design templates Designed By Me

Forever-Memories-For-You Blog

CRAFT ROBO TEMPLATES CARD

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Liz

Comment

Sorry to jump in with another question but I too am thinking of getting a die cutting machine (i would love a craft robo too!!) as I want to emboss as well.
        I have seen a cuttlebug in action but lots of threads seem to point to the Big Shot which I havent seen.
        There seems to be lots of bits to add to the Big Shot for embossing, what is actually required?
        Are the dies / embossing folders compatible either way?
        Are the prices similar for dies and embossing folders for either machine?

Comment

Hi just seen this thread - I've got a Cuttlebug which I love, you can emboss & use other company's dies on it, which you can't do with all other machines - but TBH I don't know about the Big Shot, so can't comment on that. Die prices do vary from machine to machine & I find the Cuttlebug ones reasonable in comparison to the rest, plus I can use other ones if I find one that is cheaper or I prefer. It's easy to use & gives great results and I would happily recommend it. You can also use any brass stencils you may already have to emboss on it, you just need a mat to do so, which only costs a couple of quid.

HTH
          x
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Did you know you can create your own embossing folders with a craftrobo!!! You can create your own rubber stamps as well !!!

So yes the machine costs a bit more than a normal die cutting machine, but think what you will save on dies, embossing folders and rubber stamps.

If you sell your cards, just think that you could create you very own designs, all co-ordinating.

I dont sell the robo so I am not saying this for business, I just love mine to bits. I also have a sizzix machine and a cuttlebug which are both fantastic, but I just couldnt afford to keep buying new bits for them.

There is a brand new CraftRobo called a CraftRobo Lite which is cheaper, the only thing it doesnt do is print and cut, which very few people seem to use on the CraftRobo anyway.

Tina who posted just above here, is much more of an expert than me. I am not sure if she sells the robos but she might. Please also feel free to check my website for things I have made with my robo.

Hugs,
            www.Jenigami.weebly.com
            www.JennieBeanCrafts.weebly.com
            www.craftqualificationscentre.com

Comment

I didnt know you can emboss with the Craft Robo ....

I have got to admit I am very tempted as I have some lovely fairies to print out and my cutting skills arent great.

What doesnt the lite do that the 'full' version does? I am more than happy on the software side being a complete geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by paganflossy View Post
                I didnt know you can emboss with the Craft Robo ....

I have got to admit I am very tempted as I have some lovely fairies to print out and my cutting skills arent great.

What doesnt the lite do that the 'full' version does? I am more than happy on the software side being a complete geek!!

The lite doesn't have the print and cut facility so doing decoupage you would still have to cut yourself

other than that you have your imagination so it will never stop you inventing
                Tina xx

Comment

Originally posted by silverst170 View Post
                  The lite doesn't have the print and cut facility so doing decoupage you would still have to cut yourself
                  Does that mean it's just a printer then?
                  I'm trying to follow all the threads about the Craft Robo to suss out which one would best suit my needs.

Can you tell me if the craft robo cuts card or just paper? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by krafty1 View Post
                    Does that mean it's just a printer then?
                    I'm trying to follow all the threads about the Craft Robo to suss out which one would best suit my needs.

Can you tell me if the craft robo cuts card or just paper? Thanks

No its just a cutter to cut your designs or templates you can buy

the other version of a craft robo which Is what I have is more expensive But you can do print and cut which means decoupage designs

which ever one you get you wont be dissappointed

And it cuts card up to 220 gsm But saying that I have cut 270gsm on mine
                    Tina xx

Comment

I have been following this thread with great interest as I have the Sizzix Sidekick (I downgraded from the Bigshot) and the Xyron Personal Cutting Machine but am seriously looking into the Craft Robo as you're probably already aware.

Am I right in saying that the Craft Robo prints and cuts out your selected design/picture where as the Robo Lite only cuts out the template on your computer?

What is the price difference in the two machines and where is the best/cheapest place to purchase them?

In the long run, I'd definitely say go for a Craft Robo (one of them lol) as with the Sizzix and Xyron you're limitted to what you can do.

Comment

big shot

i recently purchased a pink&black big shot sizzix machine - i love it!!!it's very easy to use and very versatile - it comes with a cutting platform which enables you to use all different styles of cutters/embossing stencils and texture plates - with the bigshot and original thick cut dies you can cut felt/fabric/very thick card/wood veneers/metal foil etc etc - i bought my machine locally and have purchased lots of dies from crafty friends and from eBay - i have found it to be quite an addictive new craft tool! i've even made my own stamps by cutting out self adhesive funky foam and mounting it on acrylic blocks.can you tell i'm glad i bought one

x vInTaGe VioLeT x

maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by vInTaGe VioLeT View Post
                          i've even made my own stamps by cutting out self adhesive funky foam and mounting it on acrylic blocks.can you tell i'm glad i bought one
                          Ooh sounds interesting, tell me more please

Comment

Originally posted by silverst170 View Post
                            No its just a cutter to cut your designs or templates you can buy

the other version of a craft robo which Is what I have is more expensive But you can do print and cut which means decoupage designs

which ever one you get you wont be dissappointed

And it cuts card up to 220 gsm But saying that I have cut 270gsm on mine
                            That's great, thanks
                            So looks like I'm going for the model you have, then.

If I have template on my pc, say saved on a word documnet or PDF etc how easy is it to have that made into the sort of format you require for the craft robo to cut it out?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vInTaGe VioLeT View Post
                              i've even made my own stamps by cutting out self adhesive funky foam and mounting it on acrylic blocks.can you tell i'm glad i bought one
                              oooh, this sounds interesting, I never thought of doing that.

Did you just use your Bigshot dies to cut out your desired shape from the funky foam and mount that? What sort of adhesive did you use?

Comment

Working...
                              X