How's this for service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for service

I work opposite a little sewing shop that sells tons of cardmaking/craft stuff as well, so obviously i buy from them.............a lot.

Went in today looking for a particular stamp but couldn't find it, although I was sure that I'd seen it in there. So I asked the owner if she could get one for me. She was sure she'd had one and said she'd have a look around and if they didn't have it, she'd get one in for me.

Two hours later I get a call from our reception desk saying someone was in to see me. I toddle downstairs to see the owner of the craft shop with the stamp I had wanted. And.........best of all, she only charged me a quid for it.

You just can't beat service like that.
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

I think this epitomises many small business, they all strive to help the customer, especially in these hard times. You will now obviously recommend this shop again so she has helped you and you will be able to help her. Well done to the shopkeeper.

Comment

Oooo! I do love a bargain! and friendly, helpful service too.

Jo x
      Things to make and do
      Things to make and do's Facebook page
      Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Excellent service, it's just a shame that more shop-keepers, etc aren't quite as helpful.

Well done on what sounds like a great bargain too

Comment

How could you shop anywhere else after that!!!! What a lovely lady!!!
          http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I love hearing stories like that when people will go the extra mile to help you - you will definitely have to recommend her!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

ahh... soooo nice, very helpful and lovely lady!!!

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

What a smashing person, I wish all shops were like that
                for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

An absolute gem in today's world of selfishness, money grasping and couldn't care less.

you are very lucky to have such a business so close.

Linda

Comment

Was'nt it fantastic! I know I'm really lucky to have such a great place near me. And if any of you happen to find yourselves in Dunfermline....it's the little sewing machine shop at the bottom of the high street
                    www.corrigancards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                      Was'nt it fantastic! I know I'm really lucky to have such a great place near me. And if any of you happen to find yourselves in Dunfermline....it's the little sewing machine shop at the bottom of the high street
                      Does the lady have a website? lol

I don't find myself at home in Scotland very often, though we really need to get up there to visit friends and family in the Fife area (Burntisland to be exact!) so if we're in Dunfermline, I'll definitely pop in

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                        Does the lady have a website? lol

I don't find myself at home in Scotland very often, though we really need to get up there to visit friends and family in the Fife area (Burntisland to be exact!) so if we're in Dunfermline, I'll definitely pop in

unfortunately they dont
                        www.corrigancards.com

Comment

You just don't seem to get service like that anywhere else other than little 'one off' shops do you.

Comment

Exceeding expectations.

This lady exceeded your expectations and obviously it made an impression on you.

Your experience takes me back a few years when I used to live and work in Somerset.

I was lucky enough to have a really good and helpful craft supply shop near our village.

Anyway, very glad to hear of your good experience.

Richard
                            For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
                            For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

Comment

Unfortunately shops like that (craft or other) are fast disappearing, its a great shame. As someone who does a lot of shopping either on the net or the bigger shops I miss service like that.
                              Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
                              No Membership just visit & Browse
                              Craftville.com

Comment

Working...
                              X