Revamping my oldies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamping my oldies!

Well, as you may know I've been taking a bit of time getting back into card making. My last card took an hour to make and the one I did today, well, that's how long it took....today . I started off using the Open Hearts keepsake board and gave up...I just couldn't get the hang of it and so my attempts went in the bin. Sooo, I had a go of the bookatrix and thought, yesssss, at last...and although it took most of today to do it, including a box, I was well pleased with the result and being as it was for my best matey it had to be just so. Anyway, to get me back into matting and layering, sticking and choosing the right colours, what I did yesterday was to get out all my cards that have been in storage for over a year and revamp them...and I'm so glad I did, it got my confidence back and gave my year old cards a new lease of life...I'll try and post some more soon and see what you think. Only 4 more shoe boxes to go through and I'll be ready for a craft fair....next year maybe?!!!!!
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

OMG I can't believe I posted this in September and it's 'next year' already! Still got a few shoe boxes to go through, oh dear...I'll get there but thankfully not in a rush but definitely want to start doing small craft fairs again this year. Chris took me out today to a couple of local places, a cheese making place that also did local chutneys, jams, biccies, paintings and a few cards. The next place was a vineyard, where I got some gooooorgeous bramble liqeur...they also had on display some cards done by a local artist. Well, after looking at them I thought, heck I CAN do it and what am I worried about. There were some multi-copied watercolour cards and it got me thinking back to when I did pen and ink drawings...so another thing I'm going to try doing is to go around photographing local churches, landmarks, also our own dogs and cars, changing them into black and white, scanning them in grey and then using black drawing pens and inks hand finish them, like the old tinted ones. I've been stuck in the house moping about and today was brilliant, got me out and about and gave me a bit of boost of ideas. Wish me luck
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

At least you have made a start on sorting the shoe boxes. Pictures of the local churches sounds like a great idea. As well as general cards they would make a lovely anniversary card for someone married there or maybe even used as a picture in a frame.
      Good luck.

Melanie

Comment

Thanks Melanie

Comment

Good Luck Nettie, I hope you do this, I would love to see the results, sounds really interesting
          Sarah

Comment

Good Luck, i also would love to see the finished article.

Ken
            Mod edited signature - please read the rules about advertising other forums on this site.

Comment

Good luck Nettie - you sound as if your inspiration is being well and truly given a boost.
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Good luck. Hope we get to see the results.

Sara
                Sara

For papercrafting and stamping ideas and tips please visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
                  OMG I can't believe I posted this in September and it's 'next year' already! Still got a few shoe boxes to go through, oh dear...I'll get there but thankfully not in a rush but definitely want to start doing small craft fairs again this year. Chris took me out today to a couple of local places, a cheese making place that also did local chutneys, jams, biccies, paintings and a few cards. The next place was a vineyard, where I got some gooooorgeous bramble liqeur...they also had on display some cards done by a local artist. Well, after looking at them I thought, heck I CAN do it and what am I worried about. There were some multi-copied watercolour cards and it got me thinking back to when I did pen and ink drawings...so another thing I'm going to try doing is to go around photographing local churches, landmarks, also our own dogs and cars, changing them into black and white, scanning them in grey and then using black drawing pens and inks hand finish them, like the old tinted ones. I've been stuck in the house moping about and today was brilliant, got me out and about and gave me a bit of boost of ideas. Wish me luck
                  Sounds like you are quite at home with a computer, if you can scan and amend to greyscale etc.. Have you tried any of the image software like Photoshop and Corel Draw?? I use Photoshop all the time for my card making, to either amend a scanned image, or tweak a photo (often both!)

Not only can you extract a part of a picture, you can add lots of filters and effects and turn even basic photos in to good arty pics.

It's not the easiest software to get to grips with, but there are easy to follow tutorials built in, as well as online demonstrations on Utube and the like..

You can also get a simpler program for a lot less £££ (Photoshop can be up to £80) - I got one for a friend in Staples, their bargain software is £4.99!!

Comment

Good for you, you have got your inspiration back and had a nice day out too.

Can't wait to see what you do with the pen and ink!
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                    X