Fiskars Eyelet setter HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it this one? http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/fiskars...297941_xp.aspx

It says that it is suitable for both left and right handed so you rely shouldn't have a problem
    are you using it in reverse, That may help.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Answer for Goldi

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
      IT IS THE FISKARS BLUE AND ORANGE THINGY. A LADY AT THE CRAFT SHOP SAID LEFT HANDED PEPES FIND IT HARD TO USE?????????????? SUE XX
      No, it isn't as good as that one!!! I only bought it recently so it's not an old one. I bought it from eBay but it was knew and in its packaging1 Sue xx ps I am impressed with all your knowledge and help!!!!! Thankyou!!!!! xxx
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
        ps I am impressed with all your knowledge and help!!!!! Thankyou!!!!! xxx
        Just googled about a bit. It comes from having to sort out 30 kids on a play scheme you have to be able to work out any situation. Plus I'm just nosy . lol.

does the blade look like a small arrow or is it one sided?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
          Just googled about a bit. It comes from having to sort out 30 kids on a play scheme you have to be able to work out any situation. Plus I'm just nosy . lol.

does the blade look like a small arrow or is it one sided?
          It's a tiny one sided thing! Sue xx
          http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Fiskars Eyelet setter

Hi there.

I'm a relatively new bloke to this crafting thing at 33! My mum keeps trying to rope me in on it. I spotted your post while googling how to find out how the damn things work too. (I managed to get given a set of three off Freecycle .. a very nice lady didn't want them and I wanted them for me mom).

Have they got a hole punchy thing at one end and nipple like thing at the other set into a wiggly spring? If thats the case I was flumuxed at first then I thought about it ...

If you hold the punch end on what ever it is that you need to put the hole in to then put the eyelet in, pull the top nipply thing up and let it go. The inertia from that end and the spring smacks the punch through the card, material etc. When you want to do the eyelet, turn it over from the holey end to the nipply end and do the same .. like a clever form of hammer

Hope that this helps!

Andy

Comment

Ooh I hate those things! Very likely to lose fingers!

Crop-o-diles are expensive, and look like tools of torture, but they are so much better than those spring things!
              MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Crop-o-Diles?

Never heard of 'em! Although I have meet a few of their reptilian distant cousins when I went to Egypt when I was 18

Word of warning over the fiskars thingies, be blumin careful what you do the hole punching thing on! When I was experimenting, I managed to put a huge chip in one of my granite (yes .. real granite) drinks coasters!

You'll have to excuse the way I explain things. I'm a bit of a computer nerd, well, a bit one really! I do a very technical computery job (I write websites, fix computers, laptops, servers etc) and I find it difficult explaining things to non-techies, so if I seem a bit simple, I'm just trying to explain in as easy as possible! I don't mean that to sound patronising either. As an example of what I do, right mouse click on a webpage and click on view page source. I understand what you see when you do that ..

Anyhoo .. If you know of anyone who wants to get rid of anything crafty that they don't want, I'll pay the postage or do something computery in return

Catch you later Ladies

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by TheDudesterUK View Post
                  You'll have to excuse the way I explain things. . . . . I find it difficult explaining things to non-techies, so if I seem a bit simple, I'm just trying to explain in as easy as possible! I don't mean that to sound patronising either. . . . .
                  I read this thread through from start to finish and had no idea what anyone was talking about . . . . until I read your explanation! You can explain things that way all day for me - and I'm sure I'm not the only one that agrees.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Gracious Comments

Thanks for your comments. I'm always worried about discussion forums. You can never predict how people hear your words in their head. Very often that's open to misinterpretation. I guess I worry a lot!

Maybe I should work on ideal world? Nah .. maybe not, definitely a face for radio

Hope that everyone has had a good start to the week?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      I read this thread through from start to finish and had no idea what anyone was talking about . . . . until I read your explanation! You can explain things that way all day for me - and I'm sure I'm not the only one that agrees.
                      I'll definitely second that!! Simple guides are much better for me, the 'idiots guides for dummies' fan lol

Comment

Idea ...

Is there an on-line "How to" guide for crafters that's free? (light bulb moment)

You submit articles on how to use something (pref with photo's or web cam video ...). It's gets put on the web and anyone can access it for free?

I feel a cunning plan coming on Baldrick!

Let me know ladies (and any gents that might be readin)

If its something thats been discussed before, can you point me to the thread?

Ta!

Andy

Comment

Youtube is loaded with craft videos. Her's some to stat you off. http://uk.youtube.com/user/TheCraftsChannel

Comment

I know just how you feel, I bought a pair and I can't make them work even after watching various clips on youtube, so I resorted to actually pushing the eyelets in with a strong pair of pliers, it works in that the eyelet looks ok on the top but underneath it just looks crushed and although the pliers are strong enough it's fiddly to do. Did you have any luck with the phone call from Fiskars and if so please could you pass on the info? I think it's a case of my arthritic fingers just not being strong enough but there must be an easy way to do it. I must add that some time ago I bought a Fiskars shape-cutter and a set of templates and I couldn't make it work properly, I ending up flogging the lot on Pre-loved. If I can't get help with these eyelet setters they may go the same way! HELP ME!

Comment

Ijeffo, the thread is 6 years old, I think they are probably trying plan B or making garden furniture instead by now (Lol)

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X