Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cards with balsa

Being brave and showing you all lol

A couple of cards I have made using balsa wood and then painting it. They are very simple - I like simple but does anyone think they are TOO simple?

Excuse rubbish pictures

http://flickr.com/photos/28344201@N05/2711086623/
    There is a heart in the middle which is white - just incase you dont notice it.

http://flickr.com/photos/28344201@N0...n/photostream/

xHannah

Hi there, I love the simplicity. The only thing I would say is to maybe go around the edge of the card with a decorative scissors and maybe a simple white insert would add to the card without taking anything away from your designs. Or if not the decorative edging, some can be too 'fussy', how about a corner punch? Your cards are simple but in a good way, the balsa designs ARE the card...
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

What a great idea... very original.

I love the heart one... it looks lovely, very simple but effective

I also like the one with the little houses but feel that perhaps some wording or something would just finish it off? Just my opinion though.

But I think they're a fabulous design... well done!!

Laura x
      Last edited by Fluffy Squirrel; 28-07-2008, 11:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Thanks guys

Laura - I agree, I think that one needs something extra. It is meant to be beach huts and I wasnt pleased with it but it is what my mum asked for. I also think it needed wording or something else.

xxHannah

Comment

I really like these (likes simple too). One thing you might try is a dry emboss around the hearts - a rectangle or a square - to really make the heart pop. Apart from that, I agree, a simple plain white insert and those cards would look really special. Well done.
          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
            I really like these (likes simple too). One thing you might try is a dry emboss around the hearts - a rectangle or a square - to really make the heart pop. Apart from that, I agree, a simple plain white insert and those cards would look really special. Well done.
            Great idea Pagan, thanks! xx

Comment

Simple is good. Sometimes cards are too fussy. Yours are nice
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

lovely cards - i think you should have a peel-off or some form of greeting on it though.

they would make lovely birthday cards for young girls!
                Claremont Creations

Comment

Working...
                X