Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue

Hi
    Which glue do you think is the best for card making-I wondered about a glue gun, but they are quiet messy I believe.
    Or are you all using just double sided tape???
    Thanks for your help
    Tammyxx

www.butterflybeadwear.com

it depends on what you're making - for heavier embellishments, sticky pads are best. Heavy card needs wet glue - I use pritt gel glue, for paper or light card, pritt stick or equivalent and for mirror card double-sided tape

HTH
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

For papery things, double-sided tape is wonderful stuiff, and sticky dots too. I use UHU for all sorts of things, too.

But I've yet to find ANYTHING that my glue gun will stick reliably - it's a completely useless object, as far as I can see...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

I have tried both hot and cold glue guns and found them both to be useless... a waste of money in my opinion, though I'm sure there is somebody somewhere who would disagree lol.

I tend to use either double sided sticky pads, or else Bostik or Pritt permanent glue dots... on occasion I'll also use either Pritt Get or Bostik all purpose glue. I find sticky pads and glue dots to be the easiest to work with though

Comment

Hi

Just use PVA glue for every sort of work.
          http://myartcreations.blogspot.com

Comment

PVA glue or UHU glue, and sticky foamy things if I want it to stick out!
            Hope that made sense!
            I like to make things - usually a mess!
            Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
            http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

i use all types of glue and double sided tape. i use silocone for attaching buttons gems or other heavy embellishments and double sided tape for paper and card i did buy a glue gun when i first started card making but have never used it.
              Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I always use PVA, unless its something large that will make the card crinkle then it would have to be pritt stick.
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                  I have tried both hot and cold glue guns and found them both to be useless... a waste of money in my opinion, though I'm sure there is somebody somewhere who would disagree lol.

I tend to use either double sided sticky pads, or else Bostik or Pritt permanent glue dots... on occasion I'll also use either Pritt Get or Bostik all purpose glue. I find sticky pads and glue dots to be the easiest to work with though
                  Ups - just bought a glue gun, its still in the box. I think, if that is the case, it will remain there. Anyone wanna buy a new glue gun????
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Try Tombow glue stick for dry projects, it's less gloopy than Pritt.
                    PVA or Glossy Accents is great for embellishments, beads, gems etc.

Comment

I usually use PVA glue but have recently discovered double sided tape and I use that loads now - its wonderful

xHannah

Comment

glues

Hello there
                        Everyone has pretty much mentioned every type of glue but I use foam pads, double sided tape and silicone glue for buttons etc. Glue guns are ok for heavier crafts, it was a life saver when I used to decorate straw hats with dried flowers or fixing household stuff!!! Sticky dots are ok once you get used to them, i find they sometimes roll up and make things look untidy, I think its practise with them. I don't use pritt stick, personal choice but i don't think its that great for a professional finish. I would definately try foam pads, double sided tape and silicone glue and I think you will do just fine!

Comment

Hi there, I use double sided tape and 3d foam pads of different thicknesses and sizes for layering and decoupage. I also use tiny pieces of double sided to stick embellishments on, even for bows.
                          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Hi,
                            I use permanent glue dots mostly and sticky pads if I want a 3D effect. I've also got PVA glue but that generally gets used for my kids craft projects- I find it too messy for my card making.
                            Gail.
                            http://www.stallfinder.com
                            Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

I use a sticky tape roller, like the corrector mouse roller but it comes in either permanent or repositionable forms...also Double sided tape is good for sticking large paper areas, ie matt & layering..
                              Double sided sticky pads are ideal for decoupage projects, and these are great if you can buy them in sheet form so as you can cut them to your own sizes...You can also use the sheets for punching shapes for glittering etc...

To stick heavier items, ie buttons or stones or other trinkets, I use silicone gel glue..
                              You can get many different glues, but if making cards, it is quite important to ensure that the glue you use is acid & lignen free, so as it wont stain or show through the paper after time...

Hot glue guns can be used to stick things such as small wire and paper roses or such, but can prove messy as they are hard to control..

I hope this helps?
                              Nutty Tigger

www.cranberrylanecards.co.uk (in progress)

Comment

Working...
                              X