Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to register???

Good morning all!

I have recenlty opened some store on ebid to sell my handmade cards. It's slow compared to ebay but much cheaper!!

I plucked up the courage last week to go to a few local shops to sell some cards, and to my amazement i managed to get rid of 50!!! So happy i did it!

Anyway, am thinking about creating a website, but am wondering if i need to be a registered business or VAT registered to do so??

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

thanks
    cmj x

Hi cmj

If you are selling at all you need to register with the Inland Revenue as a business within 3mths of starting. As you are selling to a shop you especially need to as you will show up on their accounts thereby alerting the InRev to the fact you're selling.

Do a search on this site for 'Inland Revenue' or 'Registering as a business' and you're bound to fing loads of useful threads.

HTH
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
      Hi cmj

If you are selling at all you need to register with the Inland Revenue as a business within 3mths of starting. As you are selling to a shop you especially need to as you will show up on their accounts thereby alerting the InRev to the fact you're selling.

Do a search on this site for 'Inland Revenue' or 'Registering as a business' and you're bound to fing loads of useful threads.

HTH
      thanks for that! I dont think that they are putting my card sales through the till, so it wont come up! hopefully! I might as well register then anyway is it??

Just to be on the safe side!

Comment

Working...
      X