• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dolphingirl
    Junior crafter
    • Oct 2004

Hello

Hello

I have been making cards for about two years and lovin it. although I would like to have more money so I can buy all of the crafting stuff thats out there but never mind Ii will get there!!. Is there anyone else out there that makes cards and would like to chat about them :?: hoping to hear from any other card makers
    http://dolphingirlcrafts.blogspot.com/
  • 0103media
    Administrator
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Sep 2004

Your websites pretty new... Going have to wait a while for it to start working for you....

See the review.....!

My sister is a card maker and sells the in shops.... She used to go to festivals etc... and share a stall ...

Craft Shows/markets are great for meeting other crafters. Some show sell and some don't....

One thing that worked well for my sis was that you couldn't find any cards like the ones she was selling ....
    not even similar...!
    thats what made her's sell....

Hope this helps...
    Hopefully some full time crafty card maker will tell you alot more about the business!

Good luck!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

• Sass
      Junior crafter
      • Dec 2004

Hello

Hi

I am new to this site and wanted to say a big hello!

I am an avid card maker and scrap booker and am looking for some help. I depserately want to start selling my cards from home but am unsure of where to start. I have looked on e-bay but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for home made cards. Can anyone suggest anything for me??

Thanks

Sass

Comment

• 0103media
        Administrator
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Sep 2004

Re: Hello

Originally posted by Sass
        Hi

I am new to this site and wanted to say a big hello!

I am an avid card maker and scrap booker and am looking for some help. I depserately want to start selling my cards from home but am unsure of where to start. I have looked on e-bay but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for home made cards. Can anyone suggest anything for me??

Thanks

Sass
        selling on the web is a great way to promote your cards along with craft fairs... you can often share craft stalls with other people if you only have a few cards to sell...

to produce a website the sells cards would cost you about £10.00 per month plus a lot of work... Of course you can pay someone to do that work but it costs... (thats what I do, build and promote sites)....

Loads of free resource out and about www.oscommerce.com is a free shopping cart and easy to install on a web server...

hope this helps... just ask

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

• Feanor
          Junior crafter
          • Jan 2005

Hi there, i'm katie.

Its so great to find fellow card makers! I've been making cards for i don't know how long, and been selling for about 5 years. I don't have so much time to do much now, because I'm student. I mainly make for friends and family, plus the odd wedding stationary for clase friends....

What are your favourite techniques for cards - stamping, glass painting,....I could go on!

I like simple designs, so stamping and wire craft are my thing. I have been getting into photograpy lately, so i've been using a bit of my work in cards too.

What do you guys prefer?
          Feanor (Katie) x x x x

Comment

• Samski
            Junior crafter
            • Feb 2005

Just like to add...

It doesn't have to cost the earth to build a professional looking site. I bought soime software for £50, a domain name for £7.50 ( minimum 2 years reg) and hosting cost me £30 for a year. Not a lot considering it can make money if you really set about promoting yourself. You can do this by swapping links and joining forums etc. I make money now from my sites. I don't have to pay for a website maintenance paskage and my hosting is all paid for upfront.
            www.samskiart.com
            www.tjspanky.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X