Uber Newbie dazed and confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber Newbie dazed and confused.

Hi Im uber newb with short time to learn basics to make Mothers Day cards. I'm looking to buy a die cutting machine and any extra accessories necessary to produce cards. I'm finding this a minefield.

I want to combine it with actual photograph prints and my own poetry to try to produce, quality, unique and personalised cards. I don't have a lot of money and Im not particularly confident but that's my anxiety.

I tried costing and still don't know whether its a false economy buying a cheaper machine that uses dies (Sizzix Big Shot Plus) or a programmable cutter (Cricut) as I would like to cut my own designs too. Apparently though with cri cut you need to also pay an ongoing subscription to its proprietary software or its unusable.

Is there any advice. I'm thinking start with the big shot plus and work up though I'm hoping to do 300 cards for Mothers Day. I don't know if its doable with a cheaper manual machine or of it will turn out just as expensive at that run than with a cri cut.

Ive been considering this for ages but I think the Big Shot Plus will end up being my choice and limiting my creativity though that also may be a false thing. I'm thinking if a plan is elaborate cards, start and mean to go on that way otherwise I'll have a false impression. But then is their money to be made in the market.

HELP PLEASE.

Hi, probably no money in it apart from pocket money plus you have to cover the cost of machine, materials, labour, public/ product insurance, advertising etc before you see a profit. Onliner digital services, cheap imported cards in shops keep prices low, people really just want a quick fix with cards, we've all tried selling them. Put them in an online market, a lot of people tend pick the cheapest 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave.
    Last edited by 3dDave; 28-02-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X