No announcement yet.

Recommendation for photo trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave - I use a crafters glue pen with a very very fine metal nib and glue which has a slight tint to begin with which fades as it dries. This means I can get the glue to the very edge of the print.

Comment

I am also looking for a recommendation for software which would enable me to print directly onto the blank card stock, placing everything exactly where I want it on the flat card which folds to 5 x 7.

Comment

You might be able to do it using Inkscape which is a free to download and use graphic design program, a lot of people in FB groups that I admin on use it.
        I used to use Ms Publisher 2010 to set mine up then went on to Serif Drawplus X8.
        Basically for text on cards or even images etc its just a case of setting the page size, setting a divide line on screen, putting it all in text boxes, putting them in place and printing off.....will your printer handle card? Not all will. I use two printers, a Canon Pixma that will print on 330gsm where 90% of printers won’t and an Epson Workforce A3 print/scan that you alter to suit paper thickness etc.

Comment

Thanks Dave I will have a look at that properly, though a first glance suggests it might be too complex for my needs. Yes, my Canon Pixma 3501 printer does handle the cards that I am using. In some ways, attaching the separate print helps to give the card a more substantial feel.

Comment

Inkscape isn’t too bad, loads of tutorials on Youtube for it plus its freeware, download it, if you can't get on with it, just delete it again, you will have lost nothing at all.
            I always used to print out a separate insert then stick it in, looks much better plus its cheaper to reprint a paper insert if you mess it up than card. I used to go to my local printers and buy 330gsm satin finish card
            ( business card stock) by the sheet, about 30p each for an A3 sheet.
            I wasn’t sure if you wanted to print directly on card for any reason.
            Last edited by 3dDave; 29-03-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I have inserts as well - haven't used those yet, as I haven't had what I thought was a neat enough way to attach them. Up to now, I have only had occasional text quotes (copyright free) on the cards - I don’t add any other bits and pieces on the front, and leave the cards blank inside for people’s own message.

Comment

Re Inkscape - maybe I will have a go as we will all have so much time on our hands in the coming weeks - as you say I have nothing to lose!

Comment

A thin 5mm strip of clear double sided tape either side of the crease on the outsides of the insert is what I use then the pages are left free like book pages.

Comment

I use Serif pageplus, works well for text and inserting pictures, but not for creating art.

I use a machine called a Xyron which applies a overall sticky layer with a backing sheet that you remove. So like double side tape but complete coverage, nothing worse than lifting corners, bubbly middles or crinkly edges. Gives flat, permanent edge to edge stick. Similar method to align, peel back one corner, line up, stick down and then pull off the rest of the sheet and its stuck. I also run my card stock and die through the Xyron and then die cut it so I end up with a sticker, excellent for delicate die cuts.

I put a 3mm strip of red liner double sided tape on the left hand edge of the insert, line up on the right side, close the card and hey presto insert aligned correctly and stuck down, no need to stick both sides, and when you open the card it automatically opens the insert too.

Comment

Thanks so much for replying, Lilly42! Useful info!

Comment

Working...
                      X