Pricing Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Cards

Im sure this subject has come up before so forgive me for the 'repeat' if so but I am new to the board. I was wondering about how people price there cards-what people think about the price of cards etc...because I charge £1.50 for my standard size cards c6 and alot of people think thats expensive!!! I dont think I can go any lower than that really...alot of people will look at them and say they are lovely but they dont buy...then someone will come along and buy half a dozen drives me crazy.
    She was not quite what you would call refined.
    She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

I charge between £2.50 and £3.50 for a standard card - depending on how much it cost me to make.
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I sold cards for between £2 -£3.00 in London over 6 years ago, and some thought they were cheap!

You certainly wo'nt get much in the shops for £1.50 these days I wouldn't have thought, so they're probably just trying it on, to get them reduced. stick to your guns !
      Last edited by ilovecrafts; 12-04-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

So it looks like I just need to get the right market of people

Comment

the people who think 1.50p is dear dont appreciate handmade cards they probebly buy there cards in a supermarket bargain basement its the same with all handmade stuff some people want a bargain and dont appreciate quality and time and effort put into something
          Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi, I've been selling my cards for 5 years now and I find the most popular price I charge for my cards which are mostly A5 size is £2.50 - £2.99 and £1.99 for c6. I do charge more for some when they have metal charms etc on them. You will always get people who think £1.50 is expensive and I think those people aren't really bothered if the card is handmade or not they just want cheap, dont let those people make you undercharge for your handmade work, stick to your guns and charge a decent price

Good Luck

Heather
            www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
            for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
            www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
            craftyaddicts blog site
            www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
            My personal blog
            http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

You will find that people will pay for something that is different.

Word of warning for all though, we put a card display into the sheltered housing where my dad lives. The staff were thrilled and the elderly residents thought they were lovely and it would save them having to go out for a card or notelet. The BIG but though, when we went to re stock it and empty the money from the box we found that 20 cards had not been paid for!!!!

Seems like we have a case of geriatric thieves!!

Sadly we have had to pull the display out of there as whilst we offered to give 20% of the profits to their social fund we can't afford to carry on 'losing' cards.
              Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

I know what you mean!!!

I used to sell cards for €2.00 here in Dublin and I had the same reaction...it was soledestroying after all the hard work that goes into them. I sold to 2 shops at that price and they sold them for €5.

I think that you are charging a fair price....

Keep going on it.

Carol
                carolshawjewellery
                Carol
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

pricing of cards

Hi

I found pricing of my cards hard when I first started & still do.

I have sold my cards for the last 3 years & price my cards from £1.50 for a fairly basic design to £3.50 for a more detailed one. (all depend on what the products I use have cost me). I price most of my decoupage on average between £2.00 & £2.60. I find people have said I am too cheap and other have said Oh my expensive - mainly under their breath.

If you are selling at craft fairs you will also get people that look say they are nice but never buy (this hurt to begin with but you do get use to it).

If I think im not pricing my cards right I ask my family & my partner asking them to be honest. I find that helps also

Hope this help

Sara
                  www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I don't make cards but I always buy them when I'm at fairs and I usually expect to pay between £2.50 to £3.50 for them. The stalls that are selling them are always seem busy aswell. Nicki. x
                    by Nicki
                    www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your comments and it gives me food for thought

Comment

Card Prices

I did my first craft fair a few weeks ago and was also unsure as to what price to sell my cards at. I got some advice from a collegue at work who said that she normally does a multibuy with her cards. So have 4 cards for £5.00 or £1.50 each!I wish I had done this at my fair as I'm sure I would of sold more so I'm definetly going to do that at my next fair.
                        It just depends on how much time and money you have spent on making your cards and as to wether you want to do this.

I also had a SALE basket where I had reduced all the cards that i didn't like to half price. Funnily enough I sold the majority of them!

I priced my c6 cards at £1.50 and the larger ones at £2.00.I think these are cheap for handmade cards considering how much you would pay in the shops.

Rachelb

Comment

I always used to have a sale basket and make cards especially for it - they always sold well, people love to get a bargain!

I also used to put in cards that I had made but wasnt 100% happy with (not the really rubbish ones though)

My prices ranged from £1.50- £4 again like the others, depending on work going into them and items used on them.

HTH
                          xx
                          With love
                          Em
                          xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
                          www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
                          http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

I don't make cards but I'm prepared to pay for something that is handmade and looks good. Unfortunately there is still a group of people out there who don't equate handmade with uniqueness and quality, they still expect to go to a craft fair and get things cheap! but hey! there are plenty of others who do appreciate what you make.

Sue
                            www.susiedolls.com
                            www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by beadstudio View Post
                              I always used to have a sale basket and make cards especially for it - they always sold well, people love to get a bargain!
                              Good tip Makes sense, I love a good bargain myself
                              UPDATED 11th November
                              http://icklepicklepumpkinpie.blogspot.com/

http://confessionsofaslimmingworlddieter.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X