I want to make a candle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to make a candle!

I have always wanted to make a candle but never known where to start! Are you better off buying seperate material or can you buy kits? Where do you buy the basics from? If you bought a kit it would include instructions on how to make the candle, right? If not are there any sites that explain how to make a candle?
    Caz
    x

Hi Caz,

I did a tutorial on how to make candles and I will post the link.

You are best getting a candle making kit as they will give you everything you need to make a basic candle, including wax, additives, scent, wick and most a thermometer.

You can get pillar kits, votive kits and soy kits so it is really up to you what you want to do. Soy is a bit trickier than paraffin so I would start off with a paraffin wax kit.

sensory perfection
    Candelights
    Full Moons Cauldron

All do candle making kits so pretty much up to yourself who you go with I can recommend them all.

If a thermometer is not included in the kit you really need to get one as this is the most important piece of kit you will need - wax has a combustion point where it will literally burst into flames. You need to get a thermometer that can take high temperatures.

Right here is the link for the candle tutorial.

http://articles.ukcraftwebsites.co.u...-first-candle/

Hope that helps.

Lisa
    Last edited by Bowed Over; 17-03-2008, 08:44 PM.
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all the help, just one thing, when I went on the link it was an article to make a bracelet? Did you put up the wrong link?
      Caz
      x

Comment

I most certainly did (idiot that I am). All changed now you can click on the link now.

Cheers.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Your not an idiot (oh no! now I'm sounding like my old primary school teachers, noooo! lol). You just put up the wrong thread, thinking about it they were pretty simalar, first bracelet - first candle, anyone could make that mistake.
          Caz
          x

Comment

*Tuts at Lisa*

Candle making is great fun, good luck with it
            Take a peek at me stuff at www.ronnyjs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X