Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety labels and instructions: How much detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety labels and instructions: How much detail?

Hi all,

What are the UK laws requirements for safety labels when selling candle? We've looked at several templates, and they range from basic advise to first aid instructions and fragrance contents.

Obviously the more informative can be clear and concise, however it can look a little brash on a lovingly homemade candle.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Apologies that I can't answer your question, and I'm not sure that we have any active candle makers/sellers on the forum at the moment. Perhaps your local Trading Standards office can give you some advice on this?

Good luck in your search for information.
    Linda

Comment

Label Requirements

Originally posted by growbros View Post
      Hi all,

What are the UK laws requirements for safety labels when selling candle? We've looked at several templates, and they range from basic advise to first aid instructions and fragrance contents.

Obviously the more informative can be clear and concise, however it can look a little brash on a lovingly homemade candle.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hello Chris - You might find my candle advice sheet useful, which you can find on the British Candlemakers Federation website (sorry it won't let me post a link here) . There are two types of 'safety label' which are not to be confused. There is a safety label as required by the European Standard which deals with safely using and burning the candle (keeping them apart, never leaving unattended, etc.) and there is a CLP warning label for the chemical content for anyone who is sensitised or has an allergic reaction to any chemicals (such as the fragrances) in the candle.

All the best.
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X