Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gel Candles

Hi

I had a go of making candles when I was younger and I remember loving it! Does anyone know where I can get cheap supplies to make gel candles? And any effective ways to package them? I went to hobbycrafts in Glasgow and I found them very expensive!!

Thanks in advance

Jo
    x

Hi Jo,

Full Moons Cauldron do Gel Candle Making Kits. I will attach link. I don't make gel candles so I'm not too sure on the packaging if you are looking for Cello Bags Keith from Candelights does them.

http://www.fullmoons-cauldron.co.uk/kits.htm

http://www.candelights.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Bad Experience With A gel Candle

Talking of gel candles-my first one I bought-and only one since then after the experience I had with it! After burning for about a quarter of an hour did it not go on fire!.The flames coming from it were about a foot high-no kidding. I had to think fast and get water to throw over the thing
      Now the question is why on earth did it go on fire-surely they have some kind of a safety rule? I bought it from a shop and it was quite expensive if i can remember right.
      Has anyone else had this experience?

xx Carol xx

Comment

i used bought gel candles once and it nealy set fire to my lounge, and would never use them again
        I think making them urself can be rather tricky and dangerous from what i heard

Visit my online shop
        http://pinkscentation.misi.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by pinksmartie View Post
          i used bought gel candles once and it nealy set fire to my lounge, and would never use them again
          I think making them urself can be rather tricky and dangerous from what i heard
          It wasn't a gel candle, but I once bought a candle in a terracotta pot.

The wax soaked into the terracotta - and then wooomph! the whole pot caught fire.

Comment

Originally posted by carolthescot View Post
            Talking of gel candles-my first one I bought-and only one since then after the experience I had with it! After burning for about a quarter of an hour did it not go on fire!.The flames coming from it were about a foot high-no kidding. I had to think fast and get water to throw over the thing
            Now the question is why on earth did it go on fire-surely they have some kind of a safety rule? I bought it from a shop and it was quite expensive if i can remember right.
            Has anyone else had this experience?

xx Carol xx
            My drama was with a "lethal" painted candle.. it was shaped like a snowman, and mum decided its day had come so she lit the wick.. burned normally for a few minutes, then "collapsed" and wax flooded off the dinner plate it was standing on, set fire to the wax, the table cloth and also the carpet.. fortunately we were able to put it out in seconds..

I do think "novelty" candles should either be burn tested and certified, or else be sold without wicks so it is clear they are decorative only.

Comment

OMG! these stories are awful
              xx Carol xx

Comment

This is why they're bringing in legislation that all candles have to undergo a safety assessment like soaps and B&B products.
                Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                X