Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Proud

image.jpg

Well here are my first batch I made today, I must admit I feel a bit proud of myself, let's just hope they test ok after they have been cured.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W33 Eck; 09-11-2013, 09:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    A very wise friend said to me once when I was training DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.

Wow they look great, looking forward to your testing results.

Comment

OOOoo they look lovely ... good luck x

Comment

They certainly look the business, I hope they work out well for you
        Jennifer

Welsh Candle Creations
        http://welshcandlecreations.blogspot.co.uk/
        twitter.com/WelshCandles
        facebook.com/WelshCandleCreations

Comment

Hi, they look really great, well done
          http://peaceofgem.blogspot.co.uk/
          http://folksy.com/shops/peaceofgem
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peace-of-Gem/

Comment

Well done Stuart. No other candles will ever give the satisfaction you feel right now, you never forget the first ones you poured. If the test burns match the look of the candles you will have a winning formula!

Isabel

Comment

Let's hope they test okay, it's a bit like passing your driving test, you never forget that.
              I have just done another batch and followed the exact same method I used.
              Doing a few batches today then I will let them cure and test them next week.
              Going to let them cure for a week and then we will see, hope the wicks are going to be okay.
              A very wise friend said to me once when I was training DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                No other candles will ever give the satisfaction you feel right now, you never forget the first ones you poured.

Isabel
                Well it's not often she's wrong and she's right again!!!

I not only cannot forget the first one I poured, but I still have it. Partly because it was a disaster and was the first of many in a large box of failures!

It looked nowhere near as "clean and classy" (Is that how you described them before?) as yours do. Very impressive.

Don't get disheartened if wet spots appear over the curing period. It's perfectly normal and practically unavoidable.

I look forward to hearing how your test burns go in a week's time!!

Comment

Originally posted by W33 Eck View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]39155[/ATTACH]

Well here are my first batch I made today, I must admit I feel a bit proud of myself, let's just hope they test ok after they have been cured.
                  What wax/wicks container size? I found Advance/csn 22 worked well for me in similar diameter jars. How have you found the glass adhesion/wetspots? (frosting??)

They look great btw

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                    Well it's not often she's wrong and she's right again!!!
                    Most women are

Comment

Hi All,

Many Thanks for your positive comments.

I must admit it was a great feeling when they had cooled and they were just sitting there.

I made 12 small status jars over the weekend, 4 each of the below fragrances.

Black Orchid, Raspberry & Lemon
                      Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
                      Cranberry, Orange & Cinnamon.

I used Advance Wax and small status jars 8oz.

I heated wax to 85, cooled to 78 before adding fragrance, stirred gently 12 times one way and 12 times the other way when added, cooled to 55 before pouring stirred 20 times one way and 20 times the other way very, very gently to avoid any air bubbles.

They smell really strong after 48 hours I take it they will calm down a bit once cured for another 5 days?

I used a combination of 4 different wick sizes, so I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks guys always good to get a compliment, even better if they burn test OK. Forgot to say I measured the internal dimension of the jar with big bad Verne!! and it came up with 65mm, 2mm over what they said it was, as the kind Shivaun stated she has used CSN 22 in similar ones, so I picked ones that I think would fit this measurement. Still a long way to go. More glasses on order 24 this time as I still have a few fragrances to make up and I might even buy some of the ickle ones from Mister Chips as I see they are selling baby status jars which look nice.

Showed my friend in Ireland what I am up to she says crack on as ''they would look good in the Christmas hampers I make up'' something different to add to them. She makes hampers for her relatives and friends.
                      Last edited by W33 Eck; 12-11-2013, 08:25 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Yay, looking good, well done you Hope they burn OK

Comment

Originally posted by W33 Eck View Post
                          Hi All,

Many Thanks for your positive comments.

I must admit it was a great feeling when they had cooled and they were just sitting there.

I made 12 small status jars over the weekend, 4 each of the below fragrances.

Black Orchid, Raspberry & Lemon
                          Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
                          Cranberry, Orange & Cinnamon.

I used Advance Wax and small status jars 8oz.

I heated wax to 85, cooled to 78 before adding fragrance, stirred gently 12 times one way and 12 times the other way when added, cooled to 55 before pouring stirred 20 times one way and 20 times the other way very, very gently to avoid any air bubbles.

They smell really strong after 48 hours I take it they will calm down a bit once cured for another 5 days?

I used a combination of 4 different wick sizes, so I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks guys always good to get a compliment, even better if they burn test OK. Forgot to say I measured the internal dimension of the jar with big bad Verne!! and it came up with 65mm, 2mm over what they said it was, as the kind Shivaun stated she has used CSN 22 in similar ones, so I picked ones that I think would fit this measurement. Still a long way to go. More glasses on order 24 this time as I still have a few fragrances to make up and I might even buy some of the ickle ones from Mister Chips as I see they are selling baby status jars which look nice.

Showed my friend in Ireland what I am up to she says crack on as ''they would look good in the Christmas hampers I make up'' something different to add to them. She makes hampers for her relatives and friends.
                          Hi Stuart
                          Sounds as though you are well and truly infected by the chandling bug. Looking forward to hearing how they burn.
                          Well done.

Isabel

Comment

Working...
                          X