All Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Set

Well Folks Operation Wee Eck's Candles begins on Saturday.

All my stuff is finally here even the Bl**dy sustainers I forgot. Thinking of going for plain candles for the moment, prefer the look of them clean and classy like myself.

Hoping to get a few done so I can test wicks of each of the fragrances I got

Mandarin, Ginger & Mint
    Raspberry, Black Pepper & Lemon
    Cranberry & Cinnamon

I am thinking of doing 4 of each fragrance and 4 different types of wicks, Is that enough to start or should I do 6 of each?

Wish me luck and I promise to get some pictures up at some point next week.

Can I just give a big shout out to Spencer for his input with his calculator, it is a god send.
    A very wise friend said to me once when I was training DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.

Have fun and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by W33 Eck View Post
      Well Folks Operation Wee Eck's Candles begins on Saturday.

All my stuff is finally here even the Bl**dy sustainers I forgot. Thinking of going for plain candles for the moment, prefer the look of them clean and classy like myself.

Hoping to get a few done so I can test wicks of each of the fragrances I got

Mandarin, Ginger & Mint
      Raspberry, Black Pepper & Lemon
      Cranberry & Cinnamon

I am thinking of doing 4 of each fragrance and 4 different types of wicks, Is that enough to start or should I do 6 of each?

Wish me luck and I promise to get some pictures up at some point next week.

Can I just give a big shout out to Spencer for his input with his calculator, it is a god send.
      Good luck Stuart! Love the sound of the scents you have chosen.

Comment

Cheers folks, I hope they work well in them!!
        A very wise friend said to me once when I was training DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.

Comment

Stop it! You'll make me blush!

Good luck with the chandling. I'm sure you'll enjoy it... I'm sure you'll get frustrated by it.... I'm sure you'll come out the other side of that frustration with some great candles. Don't loose patience with it, it all comes good in the end.
          If you could do a forum search for how many times the chandlers that have walked these halls before you have used the "banging head on wall" emoticon, you'll see we've ALL been there!

And just out of interest, where did you get the FO's? Raspberry, Black Pepper & Lemon sounds right up my alley!!

Comment

I got most of the scents from Scent Perfique, it's about 1/2 hour from where I work in Aberdeenshire.
            Going to try them and I will let you know, it does smell wonderful though in the bottle. If they don't suit the wax I'm using I will either change fragrance or wax, as you all say test test test!!!
            They do have some nice ones but I am also looking for a supplier that does strawberry and balsamic!!

Comment

I got most of the scents from Scent Perfique, it's about 1/2 hour from where I work in Aberdeenshire.
              Going to try them and I will let you know, it does smell wonderful though in the bottle. If they don't suit the wax I'm using I will either change fragrance or wax, as you all say test test test!!!
              They do have some nice ones but I am also looking for a supplier that does strawberry and balsamic!!
              Hi Stuart, does Scent perfique have a store in aberdeen that can be visited to smell their products, im down in glasgow but its not so big a journey if it allows me to smell the FO before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by debs1104 View Post
                Hi Stuart, does Scent perfique have a store in aberdeen that can be visited to smell their products, im down in glasgow but its not so big a journey if it allows me to smell the FO before buying.
                Hi Debs, unfortunately not. I'm also based in Glasgow and asked them the same question but they told me it's not a shop they have more of an industrial unit. They did the Craft Shows at the SECC last year (I found out after it had finished) but they didn't come down this year because they had moved premises. Maybe next year....

Comment

They are based in Ellon in Aberdeenshire. I work about 1/2 hour from there, so I can arrange to pick them up which is quite nice.

I picked out five which smell soooo good

Black Orchid, Raspberry & Lemon, I added a wee bit of black pepper to this as I know raspberries and black pepper go well together.
                  Tangerine Mojito
                  Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
                  Orange & Cinnamon
                  Blue Agava & Cacoa

They do have some other nice scents and are a bit unusual.

Going to give them a try and see what works best you never know they might not work at all with the throw!!! I hope not as they smell heavenly.

Comment

They are based in Ellon in Aberdeenshire. I work about 1/2 hour from there, so I can arrange to pick them up which is quite nice.

I picked out five which smell soooo good

Black Orchid, Raspberry & Lemon, I added a wee bit of black pepper to this as I know raspberries and black pepper go well together.
                    Tangerine Mojito
                    Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
                    Orange & Cinnamon
                    Blue Agava & Cacoa

They do have some other nice scents and are a bit unusual.

Going to give them a try and see what works best you never know they might not work at all with the throw!!! I hope not as they smell heavenly.
                    I've used the Lemon Basil & Mandarin - which is lovely. I also tried the Blue Agava which smelled lovely in the bottle but, no matter what, I couldn't get a scent throw so I'll be interested to see how you go with it

Comment

I will definately let you know, hopefully it will be ok but then again it might not work!!

I am thinking of getting the pink peppercorn one as well, if they go ok. Goignto give gracefruit a try as well.

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                        I've used the Lemon Basil & Mandarin - which is lovely. I also tried the Blue Agava which smelled lovely in the bottle but, no matter what, I couldn't get a scent throw so I'll be interested to see how you go with it
                        With

With regards to the Blue Agava, what kind of wax did you use for this and what wick if you don't mind me asking??

Comment

With

With regards to the Blue Agava, what kind of wax did you use for this and what wick if you don't mind me asking??
                          I used Soy XCel and CSN wicks. I also tried wood wicks, both to no avail. I did however get a great scent throw from it when made into melts and it is lovely.

Isabel

Comment

Working...
                          X