Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candle Olympics - Tealight Marathon - Burn Night! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Olympics - Tealight Marathon - Burn Night! :)

Well, it's been a long wait, but the moment is very nearly upon us. It's Burn Night for the Tealight Marathon!!

Nine entries were received from across the country and in about two hours (when my kids are safely tucked up in bed) the burning will commence.

I've pre-warned neighbours that there may be an odd concoction of smells emanating from my house tonight and have the fire brigade on standby. Funnily enough both of these measures are also taken on nights when it's the other half's turn to cook dinner. But don't tell her I said that!

Before I display pictures of the runners and riders, I would like to mention a few things....

• Only one entrant had a safety label attached. It's a good job I'm familiar with the dos and don'ts of candle burning eh?
    • Only one envelope received had a lipstick kiss on the back. I'm unsure whether this was put there by the chandler herself or my mad singing postman.
    • As mentioned in another thread, only one envelope received contained something approaching a bribe. All should become clear on who the offender was in the pictures below.
    • Not one envelope contained a Curly Wurly along with the tealight. And boy do I enjoy a Curly Wurly....

Any of these candles could win so the best of luck to you all! I will post some updates as the burning goes on, and on, and on, and... oh you get the idea

Right, without further ado, here are pics of the entrants, just to whet your appetite.
    Attached Files

It's a set-up! Grouty, how COULD you! BTW, where's Isabel's entry?

Falsely Accused of North East Fife

Comment

OOPS! My bad! It would appear the forum only allows a maximum of 9 attachments per post and as someone took up two of that allowance with theirs, a couple were not attached.

Apologies to holehouse and Wicky! Pics of yours are now attached

Oh, I also said in my initial post that 9 had been received. It was in fact 10.

holehouse.jpgwicky.jpg

Comment

Hmph I think everyone should get a time penalty cos Wicky and I were left out. ; )

Comment

Tension is building! Edge of my seat
          Please come see me on:

Facebook
          Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
            Hmph I think everyone should get a time penalty cos Wicky and I were left out. ; )
            Hmmmm... My gaff my rules! That's a no! :P

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
              (she's like a broken record ...)

Comment

Excited! Thanks for taking the time to organise and set up Spencer hope staying up 'til the end isn't too much of a struggle. All looking good. Well done for getting this far - it means we've tested, tested and tested our candles (and our patience) and although we may have nearly we haven't yet given up = a success no matter where our entries come in this competition.
                After that photo Marion it's to be hoped you don't win although would certainly make all the worthwhile!
                Good luck all.
                Cali x

Comment

Originally posted by Cali_ah View Post
                  Excited! Thanks for taking the time to organise and set up Spencer hope staying up 'til the end isn't too much of a struggle. All looking good. Well done for getting this far - it means we've tested, tested and tested our candles (and our patience) and although we may have nearly we haven't yet given up = a success no matter where our entries come in this competition.
                  After that photo Marion it's to be hoped you don't win although would certainly make all the worthwhile!
                  Good luck all.
                  Cali x
                  Infamy, Infamy! You've all got it infamy!!!

Comment

Damn I am going out to see my son in a concert tonight. Hope they are still burning when I get back. Could be a long night for you Spencer!

You could have a sing song (camp fire style) "keep the candle burning...."
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Good luck to you all. It's beeen great seeing the build up this glorious moment!
                      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                        Damn I am going out to see my son in a concert tonight. Hope they are still burning when I get back. Could be a long night for you Spencer!

Or ... (since he IS Spencer Davis) ... "keep on burning ..."

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post

I'm sure it will be a very long night for me, but it will be worth it.

As for camp fire sing songs... I have a bottle or two chilling in the fridge and they will be keeping me company this evening so who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                            Or ... (since he IS Spencer Davis) ... "keep on burning ..."
                            *blows whistle*

Yellow card!

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                              *blows whistle*

Yellow card!
                              Oops! My bad. Sorry Grouty.

Comment

Working...
                              X