Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pouring Jugs

Hi all,
    I've been looking for a suitable pouring jug and can't seem to decide on one.
    Until now I've been struggling pouring from a pan. I ended up using a plastic jug in my desperation which is now subsequently ruined. So I thought a metal one would be good as I could heat it in the oven to clean it and preheat it to help pouring the wax. I looked at milk jugs but they're too small. 4C's do a metal pouring jug bit it's quite large (and expensive) as I'm happy using my two pans as double boilers and don't want to invest in a jug that doubles up as a boiler as it's not necessary.

I'm wondering what everyone else uses. I've seen some polycarbonate ones but I'm not sure how best to get that clean.
    Any ideas and links would be great.

Hiya,

I melt my wax in a steel jug in a pan of water. When at temp I take the jug out, add my FO and leave to cool to pouring temp.

I bought a Genware jug (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frothing-Sta...1291850&sr=8-1) It is small but as I only make tiny batches (three tin candles at a time its perfect). Its great for pouring and no mess.

I recently bought two other steels jugs (same size) from ebay for the price of the Genware jug but the lip is awful and I make a SUPER mess and wax wasted when pouring with that.

I think I am going to buy a couple more Genware ones!

Comment

I agree with Lou re the Genware jugs, they are good. I've also bought a couple of 1lt SS jugs from IKEA which I really like I think they were about £7

Isabel

Comment

that looks perfect; nice size. too big and they become difficult to handle. looks perfect! thanks

Comment

I've a question about the Genware jug in the amazon link above - do you think I could use that to form part of a double boiler and so use it to melt and wax as well as pour it??

Comment

Originally posted by itunu View Post
            I've a question about the Genware jug in the amazon link above - do you think I could use that to form part of a double boiler and so use it to melt and wax as well as pour it??
            I just put the jug in a saucepan of water to melt my wax when its at temp take it out and let the wax to cool to temp and then use it as a pouring jug too.

Comment

Thanks - it's good to know that that specific Genware jug can double up as a wax melter and pourer.

Comment

Hi, I am new here, but have been lurking and reading a lot. Thanks for all the info shared so readily.

I have not been able to find a metal jug, but am using a tempered glass coffee pot. It is very light and I can pour accurately.

Comment

Are the Genware jugs the Metal Pouring Jugs on 4Candles' website? I have the 4Cs one and would like to buy a second one, in case anything happens to the one I have.

Thanks,

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                    Are the Genware jugs the Metal Pouring Jugs on 4Candles' website? I have the 4Cs one and would like to buy a second one, in case anything happens to the one I have.

Thanks,

Marion
                    The Genware ones are steel and I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
                      The Genware ones are steel and I like them.
                      Thanks Lou. Can I ask where you buy them?

Marion

Comment

Sunshine2 - that sounds a good idea.

MarionT - the genware jug I was specifically referring to is the one in the amazon link that burning at both ends refers to. I didn't see it on 4candles website - their ones are more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by itunu View Post
                          Sunshine2 - that sounds a good idea.

MarionT - the genware jug I was specifically referring to is the one in the amazon link that burning at both ends refers to. I didn't see it on 4candles website - their ones are more expensive.
                          Sorry - I missed the link when reading the thread. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

I just use a glass pyrex jug, only about £4 from wilkos

Comment

I have to say I do like my 4Candles jug, particularly because the handle doesn't heat up and because it isn't joined at the bottom. They are pricey but I think I may buy another one as it works for me.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X