Favourite Scents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Scents?

I was wondering if your favourite scents are your customers favourites?

I have noticed an anti-chocolate theme, and I've got to say that I don't like cooking smells, vanilla,cookies,chocolate etc.

My favourite tends to be rose based, but I love Yankee Sparkling Lemon and Jo Malone Lime,Basil and Mandarin, so maybe citrus based as well.

Are these popular with others?
    Please come see me on:

Facebook
    Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

As a non candle maker and someone who hasn't burned a candle (except those on birthday cakes) since my daughter was born 3 years ago for safety reasons, I can just say that chocolate scents smell artificial and unpleasant and that I would sometimes buy citrus or "sea" scents, though I never noticed the smell when they were burning in a room unless I stood right over them and had a good old sniff (maybe they never burned for long enough in the size of room they were in) so gave up on the scented candle thing and keep a stock of plain tea lights should I ever need them.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I agree that chocolate smells artificial, a bit chemical and not like any chocolate you have ever eaten.
      Please come see me on:

Facebook
      Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

Comment

I love chocolate as a scent also fruity smells.

Comment

Back in the eighties, we were obsessed with smells with smelly gell pens, stickers and rubbers. I used to love them all.
          Now I much prefer musky scents and spicey scents like ginger.
          I really do not do chocolate. I think that anything I would put into pot pourri mixes to make my house smell nice would be the scents I like. Chocolate would never go into pot pourii and I think it is much better eaten!
          I used to live in a village in york near to Rountrees and the smell of after eight mints wafted through the air really nicely, but when I venture into Hull and smell the cocoa mills, the smell is utterly revolting!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I like the clean cotton smells, plus Honeysuckle and lemon are both lovely, as is coconut. Fragrances are so personal though and you'll probably get 100 different likes I do like vanilla though.

Comment

I'm not a foodie candle fan at all. I like the smell of many foods but only from the actual food cooking!
              I love everything about chocolate (unfortunately) but I loathe the smell of chocolate candles yeuch! I think someone said before that chocolate candles were like marmite...couldn't agree more.
              I prefer floral and musky smells I think my current favourite it Lotus Blossom and Lily however that changes with virtually every candle I burn

Isabel

Comment

Working...
              X