Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wick trimmer

Hello all

Would you advise buying a wick trimmer (I'm currently using kitchen scissors and not ideal) or do I recall someone (Spencer?) saying nail clippers would do just as well?

Fullmoons Cauldron have a wick trimmer but it's £10. I can buy nail clippers for £1.49 on ebay, free postage. But I do want to buy the right tool for the job so if it has to be a tenner, so be it.

What does everyone think?

Thanks,

Marion

Hi Marion

I got my wick trimmer from 4C's, it was only £2.50 and is sturdy and does the job well

..... and Yes I would recommend using one, they allow you to cut the wick cleanly and quite close to the wax.

I wouldn't be without mine, I'm sure nail clippers would work but you would need sturdy ones so you might as well go for the 'real thing'

val

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
      Hello all

Would you advise buying a wick trimmer (I'm currently using kitchen scissors and not ideal) or do I recall someone (Spencer?) saying nail clippers would do just as well?

Fullmoons Cauldron have a wick trimmer but it's £10. I can buy nail clippers for £1.49 on ebay, free postage. But I do want to buy the right tool for the job so if it has to be a tenner, so be it.

What does everyone think?

Thanks,

Marion
      I bought a wick trimmer from Yankee (£5) and it's rubbish! I bought a couple of sets of nail clippers and they do the job really well on ordinary and wood wicks. I got them from a wee local shop for 50p a set if you want, I'll bring some for you on Friday.

Isabel

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
        Hi Marion

I got my wick trimmer from 4C's, it was only £2.50 and is sturdy and does the job well

..... and Yes I would recommend using one, they allow you to cut the wick cleanly and quite close to the wax.

I wouldn't be without mine, I'm sure nail clippers would work but you would need sturdy ones so you might as well go for the 'real thing'

val
        Thanks Val - I looked on 4Cs and can't find one, only the wood wick trimmer. Does that work too?

Off to look again.

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
          I bought a wick trimmer from Yankee (£5) and it's rubbish! I bought a couple of sets of nail clippers and they do the job really well on ordinary and wood wicks. I got them from a wee local shop for 50p a set if you want, I'll bring some for you on Friday.

Isabel
          That's really kind of you Isabel - let me see if I can find the trimmer Val mentioned and I'll let you know.

Marion

Comment

That's really kind of you Isabel - let me see if I can find the trimmer Val mentioned and I'll let you know.Marion
            Marion, are you talking about for trimming wood wicks or cotton wicks?

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
              Marion, are you talking about for trimming wood wicks or cotton wicks?
              cotton wicks. I have a snappy sort of tool that's ideal for trimming wood wicks but it just bends the cotton ones.

Marion

Comment

cotton wicks. I have a snappy sort of tool that's ideal for trimming wood wicks but it just bends the cotton ones.Marion
                Then any decent set of nail clippers will be ideal. Tried and tested on all manner of wicks and never had a problem. Even the zinc cored ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                  Then any decent set of nail clippers will be ideal. Tried and tested on all manner of wicks and never had a problem. Even the zinc cored ones.
                  thanks Spencer. I'll see if 1stborn can find his and, if they work, will buy a set.

Comment

der sorry marion I must be still asleep, thought you meant a wood wick trimmer................, must be my age

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
                      der sorry marion I must be still asleep, thought you meant a wood wick trimmer................, must be my age
                      S'ok. It's the excitement of the Limpix!

Comment

Working...
                      X