Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else is there besides candle-making? (fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else is there besides candle-making? (fun)

Well, I've been going a bit mad today on the candle-front (trying to get it all done) because tomorrow - duh-duh-duuuhh my kitchen is being torn out, which means no candle-making for a week! Aaaarrggghhh!

What else can I do to satisfy my candle-making fix?

Twitch nervously!

Good luck with the kitchen,hope all goes smoothly. Or it could be even longer before you get your candle fix, I wonder if it's like going to the gym and after two weeks you don't need to do it anymore
    Please come see me on:

Facebook
    Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

Comment

I'm still experimenting with candle making - good hot throw and cold throw, good self mixed scent blend but tiny shrooms and burning issues with the wax staying on the sides of the glass. As an aside I'm experimenting with bubble bars, quite a few recipes online as well as youtube tutorial. It's very easy to do the basic recipe. I bought fragrance from just a soap and slsa but the rest can be found in cupboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Rose View Post
        Twitch nervously!
        Spoken like a true candle making addict!

DaCosta - What about rolled beeswax candles? No heat required there...
        Or do what I when I'm unable to actually make candles, PLAN making candles! I sit on the train and sketch candles I'd like to make, then sit and plot how to actually accomplish the effect. Amazingly it seems to help scratch the itch that is the need to melt and pour wax

Comment

Originally posted by DaCosta View Post
          Well, I've been going a bit mad today on the candle-front (trying to get it all done) because tomorrow - duh-duh-duuuhh my kitchen is being torn out, which means no candle-making for a week! Aaaarrggghhh!

What else can I do to satisfy my candle-making fix?
          Find a candle in your house and do the following
          1 Light candle
          2 Take bottle/bottles of wine from fridge
          3 pour wine into glass and drink
          4 Watch candle burn and make notes
          5 Take a break from research and eat chocolate
          6 Watch candle a little more
          7 Drink more wine
          8 Eat more chocolate
          Repeat this cycle as often as required to get you through this crisis period until you can return to the real world of candle making!
          PS I'm sure if you surf the net you'll find some kind of support group like Chandler Annonymous if not the craft forum will do

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
            Find a candle in your house and do the following
            1 Light candle
            2 Take bottle/bottles of wine from fridge
            3 pour wine into glass and drink
            4 Watch candle burn and make notes
            5 Take a break from research and eat chocolate
            6 Watch candle a little more
            7 Drink more wine
            8 Eat more chocolate
            Repeat this cycle as often as required to get you through this crisis period until you can return to the real world of candle making!
            PS I'm sure if you surf the net you'll find some kind of support group like Chandler Annonymous if not the craft forum will do
            I could be dull and say get your accounts up-to-date, research suppliers for sundries, compare wax prices etc but really Isabel's list is much more useful! I would only add that No 5 could be varied with "crisps & dip", otherwise an exemplary course of action.

Good luck! (fidgeting for you)

Marion

Comment

Working...
            X