Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Olympics Final Call

Hi All
    This is your last chance to enter the competition so don't say you haven't been warned!
    The Starting Line is

Lane 1 Marion Fletch T
    Lane 2 Laura Shayler
    Lane 3 Val Barraclough Sheddie
    Lane 4 Ives Squeakyclean
    Lane 5 Louise Porridge Burning_it_at_both_ends
    Lane 6 Isabel MacKay Holehouse
    Lane 7 Naz B
    Lane 8 Wicky
    Lane 9 Da Costa
    Lane 10CaliH
    Lane 11Auds 120
    Lane 12Anna Rose
    Lane 13
    Lane 14
    Lane 15

I'm off out now and won't be back til the wee small hours so won't be able to update the list after this. If you want to enter just add your name to this post!!

May I wish all of the competitors well (however, clearly the prizes will be coming my way, Grouty and I have an "understanding" )
    Good luck everyone

Isabel

Ooh it's so exciting and I'm in Lane ONE!

Am off now to try out shaping my old bones into an F figure for when we're lining up. (bit like the Lightning Bolt and the M Farrah, 'cept I'm fitter than they are). Then it's an anonymous phone call to the papers to drop hints about "understandings in chandling circles" ...

Marion

ps party on down, Isabel!

Comment

Yeah well I did had a great time, until I came home to find that my dream of olympic glory has gone up in smoke! Dear John has burned my tea light!!!
      Bet Andy Murray didn't have to deal with these pressures when he won an Olympic gold.........Back to the pigging drawing board!

Aaaarrggg!!!
      Isabel (Irritated, Tired and candle-less East Renfrewshire)

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post

Yeah well I did had a great time, until I came home to find that my dream of olympic glory has gone up in smoke! Dear John has burned my tea light!!!
        Bet Andy Murray didn't have to deal with these pressures when he won an Olympic gold.........Back to the pigging drawing board!

Aaaarrggg!!!
        Isabel (Irritated, Tired and candle-less East Renfrewshire)
        Oh Mr McKay! I realise this is not the correct response but THANK YOU for the best laugh I've had all week! I've had what's known in technical terms as a "challenging week" and your post has cheered me up enormously! My best wishes to Mr Isabel for his swift recovery ...

Bring on the substitute! Good luck with No 2.

Marion x

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
          Oh Mr McKay! I realise this is not the correct response but THANK YOU for the best laugh I've had all week! I've had what's known in technical terms as a "challenging week" and your post has cheered me up enormously! My best wishes to Mr Isabel for his swift recovery ...

Bring on the substitute! Good luck with No 2.

Marion x
          You know what? There is a name for people who get gratification from the misfortune of others...I just can't think of it just now (sore head ++++)
          I'll pass on your good wishes to John when he returns from A&E

Comment

You know what? There is a name for people who get gratification from the misfortune of others...I just can't think of it just now (sore head ++++)
            Schadenfreude?

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
              Schadenfreude?
              Show-off!

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                Schadenfreude?
                This was on Two and Half Men once! (I found my level!)

I have ordered tealight stuff from 4 candles, this will be the first candle I will ever make
                Please come see me on:

Facebook
                Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

Comment

It was indeed! I remember the episode well. That Rose was an absolute hoot!
                  I learnt the word from an old boss of mine who was half German. He also taught me the German word for when you eat something slightly iffy and spend the next few hours wishing you hadn't. Cannot remember what the word is right now, but it translates as something like "falls right through". Yum!

But on a far more bearable note, you cannot submit your first ever hand made candle for this compo!
                  Nobody should not witness in person their first ever lighting!

Long trip from Shropshire (where my sister happens to live) to the sunny south coast, so I'd suggest making more than one so you can have that first burn feeling AND submit one for the Tealight Olympics.

Comment

Thanks Spencer, your suggestion will help me a great for my purpose.
                    Hello !
                    I am Emdad. I am a Article Writer.

Comment

Still laughing. Quick trip through to Murrayfield to watch the rugby yesterday helped enormously. Wayhayyyyyyyyyy!

Comment

Working...
                      X