Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Candle Journey!

Hi everyone,

I'm hooked and I haven't even started yet. Because I'm the sought of person who loves to study,make lists and plan, I've spent the last month learning everything I can about starting to make candles.

As a result I've decided to start a beginners blog, all about the dreaded journey from knowing absolutely nothing to selling my candles. I hope along the way to add value from my experiences and maybe help people beginning a new hobby.

The blog address will be www.candlesfromhome.com

Hopefully it will me up and running next week and if anybody would like to drop by and have a look or maybe write a blog piece (with a plug for their business) I'd be thrilled.

I am enjoying this forum so much and read your stuff every day, thank you for helping me to become obsessed!
    Please come see me on:

Facebook
    Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

What a lovely post, Anna Rose. Good luck with the blog and candles. I really think publicising your Candle Journey is a great way of generating interest and, hopefully sales.

Marion

Comment

What a great idea! Good luck! I will be an avid reader!

Comment

What a great idea!
        I'm sure it will be of great help to other chandlers, new and old. I'm sure it will also go some way to show potential customers who read it, why handmade candles are expensive when compared to mass-produced lumps of wax!
        Good luck with it and as the others have said, I look forward to accompanying you on your journey!
        Now, why not start with baby steps...in the tea-light making competition!

Isabel

Comment

I would love to take part with a very starter tea-light and I think the tealight Olympics needs a mention on the blog!

Thank you all for your comments and support
          Please come see me on:

Facebook
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Rose View Post
            I would love to take part with a very starter tea-light and I think the tealight Olympics needs a mention on the blog!

Thank you all for your comments and support
            Superb, I'll add your name to the list. Spencer will be in touch with the details.

Comment

Brilliant Anna Rose what a great idea, I look forward to reading it.

val

Comment

I'm looking forward to this too! So well done you and I hope it goes well.

It's something that I always wish I'd done when I first started out in this game, but the circumstances under which I started kind of precluded me from that due to complete lack of time.

I'll be happy to maybe contribute if you like, and I don't even have a business to plug

Make sure you let us know when you've managed to get it up and running, although I'm sure many of us will be checking on a regular basis.

Comment

Thank you for your support.

The site,twitter and Facebook is all set up now and I will start adding content over the next couple of days, including my tealight attempts (for the olympics!)
                  Please come see me on:

Facebook
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Rose View Post
                    Thank you for your support.

The site,twitter and Facebook is all set up now and I will start adding content over the next couple of days, including my tealight attempts (for the olympics!)
                    Thanks for the Twitter follow!

Comment

Great idea Anna Rose. Look forward to reading your journey.
                      Cali x

Comment

Originally posted by LauraShayler View Post
                        Thanks for the Twitter follow!
                        No problem, thanks for the follow back!

I was trying to remember people from the forum that I could follow, and yours was the name that came to my mind first, so I guess that means your business name is catchy and memorable.
                        Please come see me on:

Facebook
                        Twitter

Comment

Well thank you very much, something must be working right!

Comment

What a great idea I will be following with interest
                            Science has it's place but nothing is quite like letting your imagination fly

Comment

Working...
                            X