Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genware steel jugs

Hiya,
    I have started using my Genware steel jug, as it can melt the wax for three candles ~ perfect for the tiny batches I am making. However, I find that it takes an age for the wax to cool to pouring temperature. As you know I usually use dog food/bean/custard tins to make on candle and it is a speedy process.
    Has anyone got any advice for speeding things up?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
    Hiya,
    I have started using my Genware steel jug, as it can melt the wax for three candles ~ perfect for the tiny batches I am making. However, I find that it takes an age for the wax to cool to pouring temperature. As you know I usually use dog food/bean/custard tins to make on candle and it is a speedy process.
    Has anyone got any advice for speeding things up?
    Thanks.

Not really. I usually make a coffee or do something else until they're ready. It can be a long process but I haven't found a way around it. I'll be interested to see what the others suggest.

Isabel

Comment

I tend to use my tins and make tealights and wax melts while its cooling. I think it feels way too long because I only have one jug too ~ must order some more!

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
        I tend to use my tins and make tealights and wax melts while its cooling. I think it feels way too long because I only have one jug too ~ must order some more!
        I got some smaller SS jugs from Ikea, I think they're 1lt and I use these for tea lights and melts. I think they were about £7 each

Comment

If it's tealights I stick the wicks to the cups; jars, I do the ironing!

Comment

Haha passing time ironing? Well..

Comment

I have a load of cheap plastic containers ... £1.15 at sainsburys they have great pouring lips and by transfering the wax into them it cools it down.

You do have to keep an eye on the wax as this cools it down pretty quickly .....

or what about a water bath?

val

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
                I have a load of cheap plastic containers ... £1.15 at sainsburys they have great pouring lips and by transfering the wax into them it cools it down.

You do have to keep an eye on the wax as this cools it down pretty quickly .....

or what about a water bath?

val
                Thanks for the tip. I might transfer the wax into other container and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                X